Possible Aim Assist /Target Compensation Issue or look mechanic change?

by WiseWarCat

Original Post

Possible Aim Assist /Target Compensation Issue or look mechanic change?

★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? WiseWarCat
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. I play primarily with random people
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Any
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Any
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Aiming Down Sights at target / enemy
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? I have over 3000 games played
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Season 2 launch or maybe during the update to nerf the disruptor rounds
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I aim down sights at my enemy, if I snap too far to the left or right I am unable to adjust my crosshair to the enemy, even if they are standing still. If I do snap to the enemy and my shots are hitting, I am unable to move / track the enemy when they move to the left or right. Also, I cannot control recoil after I begin firing while ADSing. The Havoc will continue to rise no matter how much force I apply downwards to counter it, the same with any other weapon with higher recoil such as the spitfire or the r301 towards the end of the magazine. I am not having this issue in the training range, or it is not as prominent where it is noticeable, which could be due to the minimal aim assist, better framerate, or a number of other variables. I am not sure if the aim assist was changed, or if something was changed with the look mechanic for the game.
What should be happening instead? I should be aiming down sights, firing, and maintaining full control over my crosshair. With over 3000 games played and nearly 10,000 kills in the process, I shouldn't be having these issues.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure what causes this, some of my friends have reported issues with aiming recently but I do not know if it is exactly the same problem.

Has something been modified within the game recently on PS4 such as aim assist or the look mechanic? I am struggling to track enemies and control recoil. I have over 3000 games played and this has not been an issue prior to season 2. I am not sure what could be causing this, but the aiming behavior is a night and day difference for me.

I did not see anything in the patch notes to indicate such a change in aiming behavior and it seems odd that some have reported similar issues to me while others have said that they have not noticed any difference. Is there any changes to the look mechanic or aim assist between season 1 and season 2, or the season 2 launch and the patch that went out to nerf the disruptor rounds?

Message 1 of 1 (835 Views)