Re: Poor performance on iPhone SE (2020)

by sincasaa

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Same here. Arena battle was impossible. I quited

Message 11 of 25 (910 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. Just got the new iPhone SE out of the box and I swear it is running worse than my old SE (original). Phone seems to be getting hotter than the other and stuttering on gameplay.

Message 12 of 25 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

4 weeks. Fleet in particular is absolutely awful - the lag, stuttering and general slowdown means you can time out on what should be a simple battle.

This week I’ve had a couple of Rey fights where the engine is so poor I’ve seen two opposing toons move at the same time.

Message 13 of 25 (852 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still a problem with iOS 13.5. Reinstall doesn't help, nor does rebooting or clearing Safari cache as suggested.  Game ran much better on the 2016 SE.  

Message 14 of 25 (781 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but if I move the game speed down to x2 the issue seems to go or is far less noticeable. So may help borrowing down the root cause. 

Message 15 of 25 (670 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

two MONTHS

Message 16 of 25 (660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

anything???

this game is unplayable on iPhone SE 2020 and is most likely causing lasting damage to my battery because of this unoptimized excuse of a game. Please at least respond to us.

Message 17 of 25 (621 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's not just the SE I had lagging issues on my XS Max and now on my current 11 Pro Max. I stopped playing arena on my phone because it's so bad. CG doesn't care from what I can tell since it has been like 2 years of bad gameplay on newer iPhones. 

Message 18 of 25 (586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. Went from iPhone 7 that ran the game fine, to the much better iPhone SE 2, and now my game lags and stutters in multiple game modes. Have to change speed to 2x just so it can keep up. New phone gets hot, old phone never did. Typically, the more complex the interaction (raids, arena, etc...) the worse it lags.

Message 19 of 25 (525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here! Just upgraded from iPhone 8 to iPhone SE (2020) and the game went from being perfectly smooth to unplayable due to lag, overheating and battery drain!

Message 20 of 25 (492 Views)