[OPEN] Pools on elevated terrain are inaccessible by Sims

by bilgeytz

Original Post

Re: Sims cannot swim or sit by the pool after Nov'20 patch

Hero
@bilgeytz Maybe bulldoze the whole pool and rebuild ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 35 (11,529 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I did now, yet it didn't work. Also what I've noticed is that, I cannot change the wall height of the house nor add walls (or half walls) in the living area. Always the same message pops: "can't place terrain pool under anything". I'm confused.
Message 12 of 35 (11,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@bilgeytzThis game is easily confused. Just curious, did you try selecting the pool and moving/selling it?

That is, just get rid of the turbulent pool altogether. Then try the house wall stuff and see if it works? You can always put another pool in.

Message 13 of 35 (11,508 Views)

Hero

@bilgeytz 

Beautiful lot.  I tested your lot and am pretty sure the problem is with the terrain level where the pools are. Something was just a little off with the terrain elevation at that location. It appears to be just a little low and slopes down slightly from the floor level of the 2nd level.  I adjusted the terrain and replaced the pools and got it so that a sim could get in.  Once they could get in, they could also sit on the edge.  I also made the pools the same height of the 1st level and had no problems with changing the wall heights or adding/changing walls in the house.  It took quite a bit to get it to work so it might just be easier to flatten everything and start over.  The way I got it to work after flattening the lot was that I created stand alone rooms for the pool areas and then brought the terrain up to their level then put the pools in with the water tool.  So it can be made to work but it was time consuming as it wiped out pretty much everything in that area of the lot when I flattened the lot.

Hope this helps.

Message 14 of 35 (11,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

edit: the pool was on elevated land so i flattened the whole lot and placed the pool on completely flat terrain and now it works... which really sucks cuz the house is heavily reliant on hill-like terrain.. no idea how im supposed to fix this since the whole house is on a huge hill. it will look extremely stupid if i have a big sunken in backyard..

i've tried doing this as well, along with bulldozing the whole lot, replacing the lot, making a 2nd pool in a different spot on the lot which worked for a bit then broke again, making a new save game and moving in a new family with the same house and still doesnt work =/ my sims could use the pool just fine the other day but today they get pathing errors.

Message 15 of 35 (11,460 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I managed my sims to use the pool at last Standard smile Thanks to @CGrant56 I got inspired by the build a room idea. However, I didn't flatten or change the terrain level. I simply created a room around the pool areas with the wall tool and then bulldozed the pools. I build the pools once again and deleted the walls. Now my sims can swim Standard smile 

I still can't change or add walls in the house, but I don't mind. I really liked this house and it is ok not to change it inside Standard smile

Message 16 of 35 (11,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I think we can call this a workaround since we are still hoping for a solution from EA. The pool and wall tools were perfectly usable before the update.

Message 17 of 35 (11,410 Views)

Sims unable to enter pool/swim after November 11th patch

★★★ Newbie

I updated my game yesterday with the November 11th patch - after this my sims have been unable to enter the pool. I tried getting multiple sims to swim but they simply act like the path to the pool is blocked and then disregard the task. I have tried resetting individual sims, rebuilding the pool, and restarting my game, but none of this has worked. I'm not sure if this is caused by the patch update but it only occurred after I updated. I haven't used any CC to build the pool so that won't be the issue either.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if there's another way to fix this? Thank you Standard smile

Message 18 of 35 (11,391 Views)

Swimming pools on raised grounds are inaccessible since platforms

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a pool on a raised ground created with the terrain tools.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a platform edge around the pool, which prevents Sims from going in.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to use the pools created on raised grounds, like before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The platforms update.

So I realized that my Sims were not able to use their pool anymore. I noticed some kind of border and they had that bubble above their head that I think means they can't access it because of platforms. That's why I think it's because of unwanted platforms, that I can't delete. I tried. I can't even change the color of the border so that's definitely a glitch.

I tried to build a new pool on another lot, and it worked fine, then I raised the terrain, and again : platfrom border. See pictures.

I only use the MCCC and I removed it before testing on that new lot.

Message 19 of 35 (11,406 Views)

Re: Swimming pools on raised grounds are inaccessible since platforms

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sterobeuk 

I was able to reproduce what you posted.  I think you are right that something to do with the changes that gave us platforms probably is causing it too.  So how we used to do this won't work anymore.

I was able to find a workaround though. If you build a raised foundation first and put the pool in the foundation, you can raise the pool to any height you want pretty much.  Make the foundation one tile wider all the way around the pool (otherwise, you can't place floor tiles against the pool edge).  Then raise the terrain around the foundation to be even with the top of the foundation.  I found that using the flatten terrain tool with the arrow placed in the pool will level the terrain to the exact height of the pool.  After doing that, my sim was able to swim and sit on the pool edge.  And all the glitchiness around the pool edge also went away and I was able to change the edge trim with no problem and place pool ladders.

@bilgeytz  What you did to get it to work does pretty much the same thing as building the room and placing the pool in it does the same thing as putting the pool in a foundation.  So you can do it by raising the terrain first and then building room too.  So we now have 2 ways to go about this.  Thanks for that feedback!!

Hope this helps.

Message 20 of 35 (11,333 Views)