by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] Pools on elevated terrain are inaccessible by Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires, Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a pool and ask to swim laps, or any other swimming action.
What happens when the bug occurs? Main sim waves in despair and thinking bubble notifies that she cannot reach the pool.
What do you expect to see? Sim to be able to swim or sit by the pool.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2020 patch.

This happens in some houses that I play with, I cannot tell the difference between swimmable pools of other houses, since they all used to work fine before November update patch. This specific pool in the screenshot used to be swimmable and sims were able to sit by the pool before November patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 35 (3,687 Views)

Re: Sims cannot swim or sit by the pool after Nov'20 patch

Hero
@bilgeytz Could you upload one of the houses you have issues with to the gallery ?

Post your username (if different from here) and the name of the lot in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (3,675 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict, its already uploaded under name "modern villa". My profile name is Bilgeyts. You will also see that stairs are not usable due to new update patch.

Message 3 of 35 (3,641 Views)

Hero
@bilgeytz Thread for stairs is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/m-p/9716427

I'll check your house

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (3,639 Views)

Hero
@bilgeytz I checked your house and can duplicate that they're not using the pool. Something is blocking.

I haven't had any issues with any other pools I tried. Do you have another example ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 35 (3,603 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict hi. I cannot check because now I have a bigger problem. I've downloaded Nov 18th patch and now I cannot even play the game. I can see the main menu and click play button, then I I can see is the plumbob screen for hours. Is there a thread on this issue? If not, I will open one.

Message 6 of 35 (3,583 Views)

Hero
@bilgeytz That's a known issue for mac. Just repair the game through origin and it should work again.

There's a long thread in the mac forum on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (3,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Happens to me as well, however my sims are able to swim once  a ladder is placed however they cannot sit anymore

Message 8 of 35 (3,548 Views)

Hero
@Trimoth On all pools or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 35 (3,542 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I tried as many pools as I can and thats the only one with the issue. I tried to change the depth and size of the pool and still didn't work. Also I put ladder, still no use. I couldn't find any workaround for this. 

Message 10 of 35 (3,525 Views)