Re: Pool is treated like a foundation, can't place windows/doors

by crinrict

Original Post

Pool is treated like a foundation, can't place windows/doors

★ Novice

I added a pool to a house that I've been playing, no foundation, med height walls. After my sim returned from the juice bar, the windows and doors on the side of the house with the pool behind it had all disappeared. When I tried to replace them, the game wouldn't allow me to place the windows at floor level (said I can't place them on 'multiple levels') and I couldn't place the doors at all (insufficient wall height), like I had a foundation on the house. I could put windows and doors on the side without the pool with no issues. 

I tried adding/removing a **bleep** to a save game before adding the pool and haven't had any issues. I will try going into the problem save and see if removing the pool fixes the problem.

I have no mods, never even opened the cheat bar, all patched, Windows 7, runs the game all on high with no issues. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (914 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Pool is treated like a foundation, can't place windows/doors

Hero

So it's just happening in one particular house/save game or can you duplicate on another ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (906 Views)