by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please make changes to the Ion Cannon

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
OS Version Android 6.0.1
What is your Player ID? Mr Crac#GcdxpKY9
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug It is not possible to defend in any way against the Ion Cannon. Units cannot be moved out of the way in time. Especially on a map like "Tug of War", which is the only map in the current Valentine's Day event, the damage that the Ion Cannon does makes or breaks a battle. This should not be the case. It should be possible to get units to a distance where at least they are not completely killed. Taking some damage is okay, but giving an easy victory to the players who choose General Solomon clearly is not.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to move your units out of the way when the Ion Cannon is about to hit, and see if you are getting anywhere. :-(
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

Message 1 of 6 (392 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please make changes to the Ion Cannon

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Mister_Crac,

The posts here are read by the team. I go through and read all the posts here on the forums, as well as other locations. Although I don't respond to every post, I do read them all. I especially enjoy reading feedback threads that have a lot of discussion, as it lets me know what different people think about the same issue. I take player sentiment, feedback and suggestions from here and other areas (e.g. Discord, Reddit) and incorporate it all into a weekly report that is shared with others.

In addition to myself, other members of the development team also reads player feedback and suggestions, even if they aren't actively chatting with players. Some of the changes that we've made (e.g. most recent changes to Challenge Battles) came about after listening to our players.

While it's not possible or feasible to incorporate every suggestion, we are listening and considering what y'all are saying. Especially to feedback about how our current features are performing - e.g. season reset, challenge battles, matchmaking, etc. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (321 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

How 'bout a reply?

Message 2 of 6 (348 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hey @Mister_Crac apologies for the delay, my bad. The Ion Cannon is pretty powerful and aims to do damage to all adjacent units around the selected tile. It has a 3 second countdown before the damage strikes so timing is everything! I suggest you post your feedback and suggestions on the Ion Cannon on the Game Information board found here, that is the best place for the team to see your feedback on events, units and commander powers. Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@EA_Grasshopper wrote:

I suggest you post your feedback and suggestions on the Ion Cannon on the Game Information board found here, that is the best place for the team to see your feedback on events, units and commander powers. Standard smile

Well, I am not getting the impression that posts there are actually read by any developer or designer of this game. At least I don't see any of them answering. :-(

Message 4 of 6 (331 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Mister_Crac,

The posts here are read by the team. I go through and read all the posts here on the forums, as well as other locations. Although I don't respond to every post, I do read them all. I especially enjoy reading feedback threads that have a lot of discussion, as it lets me know what different people think about the same issue. I take player sentiment, feedback and suggestions from here and other areas (e.g. Discord, Reddit) and incorporate it all into a weekly report that is shared with others.

In addition to myself, other members of the development team also reads player feedback and suggestions, even if they aren't actively chatting with players. Some of the changes that we've made (e.g. most recent changes to Challenge Battles) came about after listening to our players.

While it's not possible or feasible to incorporate every suggestion, we are listening and considering what y'all are saying. Especially to feedback about how our current features are performing - e.g. season reset, challenge battles, matchmaking, etc. 

Message 5 of 6 (322 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_dance210:

That's good to know. I appreciate your answer. :-)

Message 6 of 6 (299 Views)