Re: Please let us choose our arena and fleet payout times!

by hubermoser

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please let us choose our arena and fleet payout times!

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Ipad
OS Version Ios
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Please let us choose our arena and fleet payout times!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not really a bug, just a game feature that should be changed.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

To improve our quality of life and playing experience, I propose allowing players to choose their own arena and fleet payout times.  This would be a once a lifetime option and cannot be changed more than once.  So it would not be difficult to implement. 

The reason for this suggestion is that I am currently contemplating quitting this game even though I have spent countless hours and over $1000 on the game.  The reason is that the arena end fleet payout times conflict with my family and dinner time and my wife is getting very upset with me for playing this game during that time.  

I cannot simply play at another time because it is impossible to finish in the top 20 at other times due to other players knocking me down.  And since I am a competitive player, I would simply rather not play than be content with a top 100 ranking.  Part of the reason I enjoy this game is because of the challenge of getting to number 1 in arena and fleet.  Without that challenge, I would not enjoy the game nor would there be any reason to spend money on the game to remain competitive. 

So before I quit, I am making one last plea to CG to make this quality of life change for its players.  I can assure you this will help you to retain more players, especially paying players like myself who like to be competitive but need to be able to play on my own time.  

Thank you you for your consideration.  If anyone else agrees, please reply to this post to voice your support.  

Message 1 of 32 (2,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi all, please note that this section of the forum is for bugs and issues only. While we understand the importance of this QOL suggestion, it is not a bug. If you would like to provide feedback, please create a post here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/feedback-home

View in thread

Message 32 of 32 (2,260 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I'd also like to throw daily reset in with that lot.  They're not going to change it.  Things like this is how they keep players hungry and willing to spend.  I totally agree with you though.  

Message 2 of 32 (2,697 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I hear you but if enough players voice support for this change, they will have to consider it. If nobody speaks up, then they surely will do nothing.
Message 3 of 32 (2,688 Views)

★★ Novice
this is the one thing that i feel will eventually make me stop playing this otherwise perfect game. having payout at dinner time is socially incompatible.
Message 4 of 32 (2,674 Views)

★★ Novice
yes, this is business, but no, ea/cg are not evil. see e.g. chimaera/home one event overlap. they are at most a bit careless. this topic is really worth bringing to their attention.
Message 5 of 32 (2,664 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I agree that changing payout times should be an option for gamers, but it should be more than once a lifetime. The game should be entertaining for employed gamers with families. Forcing gamers to choose between work/family and entertainment is irrational.
Message 6 of 32 (2,629 Views)

★ Novice
People complain about collusion as is. This would only compound complaints when you start moving to easier shards for better payouts when those players start complaining that they can't get top ranks anymore. Join your shard discord chat and work it out with them.
Message 7 of 32 (2,614 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm not suggesting changing shards, just the time of arenas payouts. You raise good points and I'm suggesting EA focus on families instead. I think shard collusion is a part of the game and this change has no impact one way or the other on whether collusion will increase or decrease. It will just move times.

Do you realize people move residency? And move multiple times? Without changing payout times some payouts will become ridiculous, like say 3am in the morning... I guess tough luck for them. If you want to move tz, you have a choice to make.
Message 8 of 32 (2,604 Views)

★ Guide

I do not know the regional distribution of SWGOH players, but I suppose there is a focus on certain time zones, making it a lot easier for other time zones to get good payouts.

I think it would be fairer and beneficial for the majority if everyone could choose their payout (and other personal reset times) freely. 

The only condition would be that you can never decrease, but only increase the cooldowns.

Message 9 of 32 (2,531 Views)

★★ Novice
Totally agreed. I'd rather play in the morning before work or in the evening after work rather than be limited to 30 minutes while I'm trying to commute to climb ranks. Also I'd like to be able to have my fleet an arena payout time the same so I can do both climbs within an hour.
Message 10 of 32 (2,492 Views)