Re: Please fix Android audio flaws (instead of ignoring the bug reports)

by GladOS-013

Original Post

@WotY_72 Without understanding all of the current resource constraints within the studio, or the actual complexity of this bug and what it takes to fix it, I won't pretend to know how long it should take to fix.

I know that anytime they offer a timeline for a fix or release, if there's a single day's delay the toxic community loses their collective mind. So the studio appears to intentionally under-communicate because that generates less uproar.

I understand it's frustrating - I have been frustrated with three timeline for certain bugs that have impacted me. However, I also recognize that nasty posts about UltraSlide or HighCommand serve no purpose. Once they've forwarded the bug info to the studio, their responsibility for the bug is finished.

★ Guide

No. They are both admins on Trello, they could both log this as a bug, or communicate why they refuse to show it on the Trello tracker. This is a valid bug, it deserves to be prioritized somewhere in the workflow, but they are deliberately leaving it off the table. It will never get fixed if it never gets prioritized.

Maybe you didn't catch this the first time I said it, but when this exact same audio issue happened on iOS, it was logged in Trello, and eventually fixed. Now we have the problem on android, it is not being fixed, and it is not logged on Trello.

I don't know how to say this any differently so you can understand. I'm not asking for this to be fixed yesterday, I'm asking for it to be prioritized appropriately. That is not unreasonable.

Message 12 of 13 (147 Views)

★ Guide
>> So unfortunately, patience is the only option. Fussing at UltraSlide about the bug not being fixed quickly is like fussing at a waiter because you are unhappy a menu item was removed - it's not his responsibility.

This is a really bad analogy. A correct analog would be getting mad at a waiter because the kitchen is slow. Guess what, that is entirely acceptable and happens every time.
UltraSide and HighCimmand can very easily communicate that this issues is escalating and deserves reprioritization. I don't know if that happened or not, but the mere fact that that issue still has not been resolved is of concern. I am also on Android and this issue is also impacting me. I would like to see it solved so adding my voice to this report.
The author has been very reasonable and deserves a straight forward answer.
So do we all.

The recent increase in what many would consider "obvious" bugs has really reached the "unbelievable" category, and is making a lot of people mad.
Message 13 of 13 (137 Views)