Re: Please fix Android audio flaws (instead of ignoring the bug reports)

by GladOS-013

Original Post

Please fix Android audio flaws (instead of ignoring the bug reports)

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S21
OS Version latest
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 773259687
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The early August update introduced a flaw, every time you open the game any device audio is blocked & not allowed to play in the background. This has been reported multiple times over the past month, and is still not being addressed or worked on.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Test your code.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

A lot of people have had this audio problem for a long time, and are providing lots of information to help CG troubleshoot. I am getting increasingly upset that EA has not even bothered to pass it on to the devs, so they can include it in their workflow (https://trello.com/b/vgQhKHMf/swgoh-developer-tracker)

It has been reported at least 3 times, with more players commenting in the threads:

The problem is NOT solved, and I really resent @EA_UltraSlide blowing off our reports.  If you have actually been looking into this issue, please explain why it is not on the dev tracker.  Please do NOT just mark the bug report 'resolved' without doing anything to fix it.....it will be resolved when you repair your audio flaw, not before then. 

Message 1 of 13 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]

@WotY_72 A thread is marked as solved when a bug is identified and raised to the studio, which is as far as AHQ can take it.

Once the studio has the bug logged it is over to them to fix it (including updating the Trello tracker). The team are aware and working on it, and not every aspect of their workload ends up on Trello. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 13 (706 Views)

★ Guide
@ChristophIV everything the devs are actively working on is included on the tracker. It has been over a month, it's not on the tracker, it means they don't care.

I do care.

Nobody is looking into this, or there would be evidence of that. I just downloaded another update 30 minutes ago, it is still not fixed.

Defending EA/CG on this one is not "helping".
Message 3 of 13 (687 Views)

★ Guide

@ChristophIV  , your comment is NOT the Accepted Answer. 

I understand that not every reported bug makes the Trello tracker, because some bugs don't actually exist, and there is also lag between reporting & logging.  From Trello:

Description

The purpose of Galaxy of Heroes Developer Tracker is to let you know what the development team is work on and what are the top issues that we are aware of. This isn't an exhaustive list of every bug in the game, but will be updated around once a week with key issues.

When CG did this to the iOS audio, it was assigned a ticket & logged on the Trello tracker within a week.  I am asking for the same prioritization for the Android flaw.

I'm not asking for immediate resolution, I understand that this bug isn't the highest priority.....but I also realize that it will NEVER be fixed if it is NEVER logged as a bug.

Message 4 of 13 (658 Views)

@WotY_72 If UltraSlide has said it's been reported to the devs as a bug, then it has been, regardless of whether it shows up on Trello.

The team that monitors this board doesn't fix problems. They just record information and send it to the studio. multiple reports add no value unless new details are included.

So unfortunately, patience is the only option. Fussing at UltraSlide about the bug not being fixed quickly is like fussing at a waiter because you are unhappy a menu item was removed - it's not his responsibility.

EA Live QV Team

Hi @WotY_72,

Rest assured that we have flagged this as a bug a while ago and that the team is aware of it. As you correctly pointed out, not every single issue will make it in the Dev tracker (Trello board), which is exactly why this issue is not there.

PS: @ChristophIV gave you the correct answer, which is why I marked his reply as the accepted resolution.

Message 6 of 13 (644 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_HighCommand ,  I'm looking forward to y'all updating Trello with this in a week or so. I've been extremely patient for over a month, I expect better from a major software studio than this. You have structure to show bugs that exist and are being prioritized at some level in the workflow, put this bug into that prioritization system, so I can see it. Until that happens, I feel like EA/CG is ignoring me, and I will continue trying to get your attention. 

And please stop sending your "I do not work for EA/CG" minions (Christov & GladOS) to tell me to have patience, that this is how the system works.....because this is not how the system SHOULD work, and they are just make me angrier. It is obvious that they are alt accounts for people who work for you, I'm not fooled by stupid tricks like that. Normal people have better things to do.

I've been playing this game for what, over 5 years now? And given you hundreds of dollars, I just want you to leave my device audio alone so I can control it how I wish.

Please.

Message 7 of 13 (624 Views)

★ Guide

@GladOS-013 , Ultraslide and HighCommand are both admins on Trello, they can add this anytime they want, their refusal to log this as a bug seems to tell me that they introduced this flaw as a feature. That makes me angry. 

No need for you to reply until you have something constructive to add to this conversation.

Message 8 of 13 (621 Views)

@WotY_72 Nobody is "sending me." You appear to be angry and trying to take out your frustrations on people who aren't responsible for your grievances.

I've helped many players on this board understand how AHQ actually works with respect to bugs and bug fixes. You can either accept reality or reject it - but no amount of angry posting here will alter that reality.

★ Guide

@GladOS-013 , I appear to be angry because I am angry. You seem confused as to what the situation is, so let me break this down for you in more detail.

In June, CG released an update that broke the audio on iOS devices. People reported the bug, they were unhappy with it, it was logged as a bug in the Trello system, and fixed fairly shortly. Because it is an easy bug to find and correct.

In August, CG broke the audio on Android devices. I find it very odd that attention was not paid to this subject, considering the recency of the problem on the iOS devices. It makes it seem like this was done intentionally, or they were extremely negligent on testing the new update? Regardless of why it happened, the Android bug is being treated very differently than the iOS bug was. Although people on this bug reporting system like High Command and Ultraslide are admins on the Trello system, and can log this bug anytime they wish, they still stubbornly refuse to do so 6 weeks later?

I understand that not all bugs that get reported are valid problems, and hence the disclaimer that they have on trello. But nobody has explained to me why they are handling this Android bug differently than the same iOS book was. This feels like they are doing some sketchy a/b testing on the player base, seeing if they can get away with hijacking our audio. If this is not the case, they could easily resolve the issue by explaining why they refuse to log this in Trello, or logging it in Trello. Or, they could spend the 30 minutes it would take to fix this bug, and roll it into the next update? But they have now released four updates without fixing it, 6 weeks without incorporating it into the workflow (they could even mark it as "backlog" and would be better than the current situation).

I have invested years into this game. But now I don't even want to open the app, because I need to use 3rd party audio in the background. I don't understand why CG has decided either intentionally or via negligence to introduce this bug into the Android devices, I don't know why they are treating Android differently than iOS, and I don't know why they refuse to address this problem.

If they start answering some of those questions, I will stop being angry.

Now you have a better understanding of why my anger toward CG is justified, you can go help users who are reporting nonexistent bugs & could benefit from somebody helping them. If you keep trying to justify CG's actions/non-action on this bug, I will be angry with you also. If you do actually work for CG and can provide some insight to any of my questions, feel free to contribute.

Message 10 of 13 (577 Views)