Re: Players with > max Championship points (ex. Division 5)

by Xhedao

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Players with > max Championship points (ex. Division 5)

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Emu
OS Version Android 7
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Lots of players with more league points than technically possible.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at the leaderboards.
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

Division 5

Max possible points:

Defense: 450 x 3 [450 = 5*90)

Offense: 950 x 3 [950 = 5*64 + 5*30 + 4*120)

Feats: 835

Wins: 1000 x 3

SUM: 8.035

As of now, the last 1.000 for round 3 wins are not yet contributed. Current max is: 7.035.

There are lots of players above and beyond that threshold. I kindly ask you to fix their figures.

gac.PNG

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207821/grand-arena-championship-known-iss... from 28/6 said 'This was strictly due to a rare bug that caused and we have confirmed those players did not exploit the system. We will be removing the extra points later today and moving any players who no longer qualify for Bronzium back to their correct league'

If it's the same bug, please fix the points again.

Message 1 of 9 (1,371 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We are investigating and adjusting those scores if required.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,213 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

GA.png

Final 1000 points have not been tallied in Division 6 yet the top spot has 606 points more than should be possible after the score is added.  A perfect score at round 3 should be 7000 points.

Message 2 of 9 (1,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It is possible, that a player in division x is matched with a player in division x+1 (and from the on e in chromium even higher divisions).

If this is the case, there are three possibilities:

1) that the players from the higher divisions have to use more defensive teams, than usual in their division

2) the players from the lower division have to use less defenisve teams, than usual in their own division

3) nothing changes

This guy has most probable a GA matchup against lower division players and has therefore the opportuinity to place more defensive teams as well as to earn more banners with more offensive wins.

Message 3 of 9 (1,281 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Xhedao It's only option #2.

See "Scaling Defensive Squads/Fleets: To provide a fun experience for all players, the number of defensive squads/fleets scales based on the GP of the __lowest player__ in the group."
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018

You should under no circumstances get more def slots than others according to official rules. Only less (if you are at the bottom of your division).
Message 4 of 9 (1,273 Views)

★ Guide

True, had this statement not in mind.

But I am remembering, that I have seen some guys in my global leaderboard, which had exactly 90 or 180 points more than me, after setting the defense for the first GA round. The offense had not started yet. Thought this would be normal :D

These points were not possible with the feasts laying around this time.

Either the official announcements is wrong and there is cross matchmaking with higher divisions or the counting is bugged as you already posted.

Message 5 of 9 (1,266 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Similar to this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206911/division-scores-incorrect/p1

Sry, I think your post is obsolete, the last announcement concerning division, team defenses and so on should be this:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206074/grand-arena-championships-gp-divis...

It states: "If the GP difference across players is great enough, the matchmaking will also default to the lowest-number of defenses required by division between the two players".

This means: In a GA the number of defensive teams is just than determined by the player with the highest division, IF the GP difference is great enough.

If the GP difference is not great enough, there is no adjustment to the number of defenisve teams, determined by the higher division. So you can be paired with a lower division, using the number of defensive slots of the lower division, if the difference in GP is not big enough.

Message 6 of 9 (1,260 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Xhedao I read it more like a confirmation to the old post. 'GP difference great enough' seems more like a reference to matching players of different brackets [bad wording though].

So we have two statements:
#1 'the number of defensive squads/fleets scales based on the GP of the __lowest player__ in the group.' and
#2 'matchmaking will also default to the __lowest-number__ of defenses required'

To me it means the same. Really hope they clarify this one way or the other.

However, if they keep the leaderboards as is, there is no reason to put effort into getting as much banners as possible. There would always be players with more points than you yourself have access to. That's not what I would call fair competition.
Message 7 of 9 (1,227 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We are investigating and adjusting those scores if required.

Message 8 of 9 (1,214 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand For the record after rewards have been sent. Players are up to 855 points above the max possible value in final standings.

gacinvalidpoints.PNG

Message 9 of 9 (1,196 Views)