Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Aquarek-V2
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. -
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Crypto
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? -
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Can’t remember but this bug can happen anywhere on the map.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using Drone EMP.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? A lot of matches. However, players will start to abuse the issue more frequently as they find out about the bug.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 05-10-19 11:00 am (approx.) ACST
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Players take off their body shields just before the Drone EMP goes off to avoid taking shield damage. After the EMP is over, players put their body shields back on.
What should be happening instead? Body shields should take the 50 shield damage from the Drone EMP anyway.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take your body shield off while an ENEMY initiates the Drone EMP near you. Then, put your body shield back on after the EMP has finished.

If players are quick enough, all the EMP will do is slow them. Players will start to abuse the issue more frequently as they find out about the bug, rendering the Drone EMP ability almost useless.

If you would like to fix this issue, I'd suggest you to make it so that DROPPED body shields also receive the 50 shield damage.

Message 1 of 4 (861 Views)

Re: Players Avoiding Shield Damage From Crypto's Drone EMP

★ Novice
@Aquarek-V2 it takes a heck load of APM to remove your armor during a fight vs EMP, they are just very skillful
a way to fix it would to disable the function to unequip armor during an EMP
But its just a skillful thing to do right now if you can open your inventory to drop your armor which puts you at 100hp
Message 2 of 4 (820 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sometimes, players who use Crypto often EMP before a fight or when seeing an enemy. Therefore, they wouldn't be under any stress or pressure to remove their shield. To be honest, the EMP takes a good 2-5 (not really sure) seconds to charge up, and in that time, I can easily remove my shield with a second or more before the EMP actually activates. When it comes to PC players, it'll be even faster for them to do this, as they have a MnK. Furthermore, disabling the function to unequip armour during an EMP would also be quite complicated to do. I believe that the superior option, as stated in my report above, is to make all shields, including those currently worn and those on the ground, to be affected by the EMP.

Message 3 of 4 (811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yal really complained instead of dealing with it lmao. It pissed you off that you were being out skilled while you hid flying a little drone 😂

Message 4 of 4 (699 Views)