Original Post

Player can't get wizard

★ Novice

Product: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
Please provide your Xbox gamertag or PSN ID. (Optional) darkrai825
In what game mode did the bug occur? Everywhere
Summarize your bug Two people are playing under the same account using different usernames. Both of them complete the prize map (separately), but only one received the wizard.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not certain.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

One of the players can't get the prize map, Rux's shop, access the portal, or the XP machine.  Do we have to pay twice for the portal?  Is only one user per account granted this?

Message 1 of 7 (1,449 Views)

Re: Player can't get wizard

Community Manager (retired)

@meeegsies Hello, you both should definitely be able to access the wizard if you have both individually earned the wizard.  I have some follow up questions:

- Did you both unlock the wizard in the same session while in splitscreen?

- If one of the players can't get the prize map, how did they both complete the prize map separately?

- Are these accounts two different PSNs or are you using a guest account?

- If these two accounts are different PSNs, do you recall if they were both registered under the same EA account?  This was a one time registration that is asked the first time you start up the game on that PSN and asked for an email / password.

- Can you show me what messages you see for one of the players can't get the prize map, rux shop, portal, or xp machine?  As well, does that player also not have access to these if they are playing without splitscreen?

Message 2 of 7 (1,428 Views)

★ Novice

Now the player can get the wizard, but he still can't access the portal.  I believe everything is under the same PSN account and under the same EA account.  The message that it says when the player tries to enter the portal is "multiplayer error."  The kids are playing on split screen when this happens.

Many thanks for your help!

Megan

Message 3 of 7 (1,368 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@meeegsies Glad to hear they both got Wizard!  Hopefully this was only a one time hiccup.

Is the player also unable to access a public giddy park?  If so, this there are a few things this could mean:

- One account is a child account and does not have online privileges (can be changed through parental controls on the ps4 family settings)

- The account with PS+ has not tied to the playstation as the primary ps4.  Check that these steps are followed on the account with PS+ so that other accounts on your system can share some of the PS+ benefits: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Activating-your-PlayStation-4-System-as-your-Primary-PS4?l...

Message 4 of 7 (1,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem but it's not me not getting the wizard. I do have him, but the problem is, one of the character upgrade witch is "Two-Headed Dragon" is locked, and I've reached "Grand Master" with the wizard. It's really bugging me and I don't know what the problem could of be. Can you find out what's going on and tell me why is it happening? It'll be grateful.  

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7 (1,283 Views)

★★ Guide
@vibez_was_here This is a known issue. The Zombie Wizard perk "Two-Headed Dragon" was disabled in the latest patch due to an invulnerability bug. It will be re-enabled once this bug has been resolved.

Source - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/wizard-ability-not-able-to-be-used-as-master/m-p/8870028#M1991
Message 6 of 7 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for letting me know, I'll wait for it to come back. Thanks once again. I'm glad that you told me this before I ever understood what they're doing.

Message 7 of 7 (1,228 Views)