by slimeq666

Original Post

Player can stand back up while downed

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? SlimeQ
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. not sure
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. dying while holding crouch
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? not sure
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Player goes down while holding crouch, but is able to stand back up and walk at normal speed by releasing crouch.
What should be happening instead? Player cannot stand back up on their own
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not totally sure. I suspect it has something to do with the "Hold to Crouch" option. I know you have to die while holding crouch, but I haven't been able to recreate it.

I use hold-to-crouch on a paddle on my Xbox Elite controller. I was crouched in a corner and got murdered, and while I was crawling away my finger was still mindlessly clamped down on the crouch paddle. I accidentally released and pressed it (due to stress) and noticed that I got taller for a second, which was weird. This made me realize that I was clenching the paddle, so I released it which, strangely, made me stand up and I started walking normal speed. The enemy saw this happen and immediately finished me off, so I didn't get to experiment any further.

I have been trying to recreate this whenever I die crouched, but so far I haven't been able to do so. There must be some other factor involved, possibly involving abilities based on other bug reports I've seen.

NOTE: This bug occurred after the last update.

Message 1 of 2 (201 Views)

Re: Player can stand back up while downed

Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know! We'll get this tracked down and keep an eye out for more reports. If you happen to experience this again we would love to see a recorded clip to see what movements you were doing that could have triggered this to occur. 

Good luck in the ring!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (167 Views)