by TheArchangel360

Original Post

Player age bug after edit player

★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? TheArchangel
Which mode has this happened in? Kick off
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you edit an attribute on E.Barco who plays for independente in Argentina and go to kick off mode and look at his age it will be 57 years old.
What happens when the bug occurs? Player goes from 18 years old to 57 years old.
What should be happening instead? His age should still be 18.

So I have kept a database on my laptop of the live form stats on kick off mode for select players I like (around 300) and each season i update there attributes for career mode and enjoy playing until the next transfer window (real life) and then repeat however when I edit E.Barco and go to buy him in career mode he's 57 years old, this also happens to kick off mode aswell.
Message 1 of 6 (4,068 Views)

Re: Player age bug after edit player

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with Ben Brereton and he is now showing as 57 years old. I didn't realise and have started my career mode and have a 57 year old version on what should be a young hot prospect in my squad. I keep getting offers for him of £0 presumably as he is too old to demand a fee?

This coupled with the fact that I got promoted to the premier league and only have a £4million budget means that I am going to struggle as I can't afford to buy any new players and will presumably have to replace my 57 year old pensioner striker very soon also.

Message 2 of 6 (4,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

Come on this is basic. You can't edit players who are under 18 before starting a new career mode. Redownload the squad update and only edit players who are 18 and over. Apologies if you're new to fifa but this bug had been in the game for as long as I can remember. Check player ages first.

Message 3 of 6 (4,002 Views)

Player age change

★★★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Will5ter
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change a players stats on edit player
What happens when the bug occurs? A players age changed to 56
What should be happening instead? Nothing

I went to edit a players stats to give him more pace cause I was boerd and once I changed stats and I went to sign him his age had changed to 56 and when I changed back his age stayed 56
Message 4 of 6 (3,994 Views)

★★ Novice
However this year it seems to effect players over 18 as well up to 20 years old but an 18 year old would have been born before 2000 and surely it is a simple coding error that should be an easy fix.
Message 5 of 6 (3,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same Problem still exists in FIFA 2020 for the Nintendo Switch, well done EA not even done to fix a bug that is being known since years...

Message 6 of 6 (2,751 Views)