Played ranked with my friends plugged in Ethernet upon return I got abandonment?

by Pandax1115

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Played ranked with my friends plugged in Ethernet upon return I got abandonment?

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Pandax4833
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Vortex2468 and vDioBrando
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Vortex2468 was Wraith and vDioBrando was Octane
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Refinery, I was at the top in a corner
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I forgot to plug in my ethernet and my router is across my house so I usually just plug it in and reconnect to the match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 9.14.2020 (about 6:30 pm EST)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? This was the first time but it wouldn't connect me back to the lobby even if I was in the party with them clicking A trying to get back in
What should be happening instead? I should have been able to rejoin the game and I lost 72 RP because of it now I have to grind 72 points that I should not have lost in the first place
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue how you could find it but if this happens again and I lose Elo I'm probably just gonna quit. I just wanna know if I can get refunded my RP that I lost because I shouldn't have lose so much for a Bug!!!

I dont have video proof because when I plug in my ethernet the internet resets to the connection but I have the recording of the abandonment but I was with my friends so they were there when it happend. It really frustrates me to have this happen especially when me and my friends are trying to climb I dont wanna have to be scared everytime I forget to put my ethernet in. I lost 72 RP in plat for no reason and now the grind continues ._.

Message 1 of 2 (418 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Played ranked with my friends plugged in Ethernet upon return I got abandonm

Community Manager

Hi there, @Pandax1115.

We aren't able to grant RP so it would be best to make sure you're plugged in before you start playing. If your connection changes mid-game, it's going to act as a disconnect. If you realize you didn't plug in your ethernet cable and are on wireless, wait until that match is done before plugging in. 

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (374 Views)

All Replies

Re: Played ranked with my friends plugged in Ethernet upon return I got abandonm

Community Manager

Hi there, @Pandax1115.

We aren't able to grant RP so it would be best to make sure you're plugged in before you start playing. If your connection changes mid-game, it's going to act as a disconnect. If you realize you didn't plug in your ethernet cable and are on wireless, wait until that match is done before plugging in. 

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)