Played Sims quitting & getting jobs

by luthienrising

Original Post

gameplay autonomy is any on haveing a problem with this?

★★ Novice

The autonomy off on my sims 4 is not working.  My sims are getting jobs and quitting jobs on their own.  I had a person on the third level of the doctor career and when I went back  to the game they did not have a job.  I have always played the sims with the autonomy button set to off because I like full control.  This is a big problem that makes the game unplayable for me.

Message 41 of 63 (728 Views)

Re: Played Sims quitting & getting jobs

Hero

@Glonathan This is a bug and has nothing to do with your autonomy settings.

I've merged your post with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 63 (717 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Sorry, if this was noted before, also, maybe this is separate issue and should be given another thread.

Rotating jobs are one issue. It's annoying, but oh well, let's say our sims are free enough to choose for themselves. Besides, in my game they tend to change only low-level jobs, those that have high positions stay.

My issue is, when changing job, the very first in their life, from, let's say, level one businessman, they can change it to unbelievably and impossibly high level 10 sportsman. Now that's a game-breaking nonsense.

Message 43 of 63 (716 Views)

Hero

For that you should make a new thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 63 (714 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, I checked this thread more - many people have the same issue, sims are getting random level jobs and even levels they have no skills for. So both rotating and level issues are already in this thread.

Message 45 of 63 (711 Views)

Hero

OK. Think I misunderstood you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 63 (708 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank You,

Gloria

Message 47 of 63 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just adding my voice. I've had a few of the same issues, some more than once:

• Stay-at-home mother got a job. I had her quit. She now has a job again...as a detective.
  • Sim at the top of Comedian career (and was ready to retire) suddenly became a Police Captain. Had her quit and go back to being a comic but she had to start over from scratch.
  • My career criminal (mob boss)  who was nearing retirement somehow became a retired doctor.

I rotate playing 30+ Sims over a dozen+ or so households. I know that's a lot of Sims but the multiple births thing happened so here we are.

I have zero mods and zero custom content. I have all packs (base game, Holiday Pack, Outdoor Retreat and GTW).

I love the game but it would be nice if HOURS and DAYS of game play weren't undone every time there's a patch...

Thanks.

Message 48 of 63 (674 Views)

Sims Automatically Getting Jobs

★ Novice

My Sims in the Sims 4 keep automatically starting jobs without my say so and I don't like it. Is there a way to turn that option off? 

Message 49 of 63 (641 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am also having this problem on two computers, old and new games.  My wife has had over 15 sims get jobs across her old games and her current one which is new.  I've had similar results.  She doesn't use mods and I use Nukael_MalePregnancy, Scumbumbo_PregnancyMegaMod, Scumbumbo_KeepBooksAfterPublishing, scumbumbo_AutoPausePregnancy and CleanFromSitting_fix (1_7_62).  I hope that is helpful and that you can fix this soon.

Message 50 of 63 (649 Views)