Played Sims quitting & getting jobs

by luthienrising

Original Post

Re: Played Sims quitting & getting jobs

Follow-up:

I tested with a completely vanilla game (CC/mod-free) with 19 played, housed Sims in 15 households, and with 6 of those Sims unemployed on Day 1 of the game. 

On Day 3 of the game, two played unemployed Sims had been given careers. (If anyone is curious, Vladimir Putin is now a Painter level 4, and Leonardo Di Caprio is an I-don't-know-yet level Tech Guru. I didn't need any Painter Sims, as that's the one career I hadn't put any played Sims in, so nobody needed colleagues.)

As of Day 6, I haven't seen a played Sim whose job was taken away or changed. I might play this save a bit longer to see if that happens, but I know it's happened for Simmers playing on not-new saves CC/mod-free.  

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 11 of 63 (1,670 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I played CC and mod free, old save and sims lost job after the patch.

As I was trying to prevent a dead sim from being culled (and succeeded in the end), I kept reverting to a backup of my game prepatch, and every time the same sim (Business career level 6) lost his job within the 1st day of playing patched.

Other sims have also lost their jobs, but that was after I added a mod.

None of my sims are unemployed, so I didn't experience anyone getting jobs.

Rotational play is also affected by the daily task being reset to 0% completed every time you return to a family.

Message 12 of 63 (1,663 Views)

★★★ Novice

This was a save file from before the patch. Also, I had my sim quit the job; I played another household for a while, and when I came back, she had been given a job again.

Message 13 of 63 (1,658 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The same thing is happening in my game. I started a new safe file after the patch, and I don't use mods or cc.

Moved in 5 families, and started playing rotationally, as I always do. I always visit new families right away so they get marked as played. all of my sims was unemployed.

After 4 simdays playing with one family I changed to one of the other families and they all had gotten jobs at different levels. Rotated to the next family and the same thing had happend there.

It is really annoying to experience the biggest problem I had with the sims 3 all over again. I hated that my played sims in sims 3 moved out of the houses I built for them and changed jobs on their own. I want to decide what happens to my sims! Please fix this problem asap so I can enjoy my game again. I love the sims 4. Thank you for making this fantastic game, and for listening to us players Standard smile

- gunieapigsim Standard smile

Message 14 of 63 (1,639 Views)

More follow-up: I gave all the played Sims jobs and played them for another 10 days, covering two Tuesdays, but saw no job losses. Doesn't prove much except that it might not be easy to trigger. 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 15 of 63 (1,629 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I play a rotation of 16 households (1 day each), and so far my teens are especially affected by this bug. I haven't made it to a household yet where the teens had the jobs I left them with. The last household I played for instance had 2 teen nannies when I left them, and they both were now unemployed. The one who worked in retail was now a barista. My current household has 3 teens that used to be in retail, manual labour and manual labour. They are now unemployed, unemployed and barista.

Message 16 of 63 (1,619 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cycle through all 29 of my played households to check their careers and by the time I get back to where I started, I will find that someone has quit.

Message 17 of 63 (1,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I play several families in rotation. Sims that have jobs seem fine. Sims that I intended to not work, now have jobs.

At first it seemed ok. When I had a sim I was playing ask one of my other (not currently playing) sims about her career, the response was Stay at Home Mom. However, when I went to play with the Stay at Home Mom's household, she was a Level 3 Tech Guru. Insult to injury, that should have unlocked the coffeepot. It didn't. 

It would greatly help, if we could actually assign "Stay at Home" jobs. Or "Self-Employed." Then the game might leave our ostensibly "unemployed" sims alone.

Message 18 of 63 (1,576 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's useless allowing your elders to retire because as soon as you leave their house, they are assigned employment again.  I don't know if this is affecting their pensions as my sims have lots of money anyway but it is annoying to me.  My elders have earned the right to put their feet up and relax before the Grim Reaper calls.

Message 19 of 63 (1,560 Views)

Sims start random career in random level without permission.

★★★ Newbie

I have multiple Sims in different households, so sometimes, I'm away from a specific household for a week in sims. When I get back to them, they have new whole new careers at different levels. All the sims that this had happen to were unemployed when I left them.

examples

- sim who has the serial romance aspiration is suddenly a level 3 in criminal career (Ringleader)

- sim who only plays piano all day is a level 10 in author career.

- mischievous sim becomes a secret agent.

many of the sims that are messed up i didn't leave for that long. It wasn't long enough for one to become a level 10 author. None of the careers that have are they qualified for. The secret agent needed level 6 logic and level 6 charisma when she only has level 1 logic and level 3 charisma. The one who became an author has never read a book and hardly ever touched a computer.

Message 20 of 63 (1,554 Views)