Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Linder3
Date/time issue occurred August 3rd 8am - present
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Solo Challenges
Summarize your bug I have been using the Philly offense playbook for about a week but even though it is still equipped, I am forced to use the giants offense book whenever I load into a challenge, I have contacted EA 4 times and tried every troubleshooting step and was now told to report the bug so I am sure its a bug and not something on my end
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure what activated it, I just logged on one morning and instead of being able to use my equipped playbook I was forced to use the giants (original playbook)
What happens when the bug occurs? The giants playbook (favorite team so original playbook) is the playbook that is able to be used in game even though philly playbook is equipped
What do you expect to see? The philly playbook in game as it is the one I have equipped
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I have been using the Philly offense playbook for about a week but even though it is still equipped, I am forced to use the giants offense book whenever I load into a challenge, I have contacted EA 4 times and tried every troubleshooting step and was now told to report the bug so I am sure its a bug and not something on my end

Message 1 of 20 (8,894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Playbooks switching madden 20

★★★ Newbie

UPDATE: changing the default playbook in general Madden settings fixes the issue even though it should not effect MUT

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (8,875 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

UPDATE: changing the default playbook in general Madden settings fixes the issue even though it should not effect MUT

Message 2 of 20 (8,876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. I‘ve been playing with the saints playbook in offense and Jax in defense. 

Then i wanted to change the def. playbook to the bears and it switched everything back to the original playbooks (Jax). 

How can i fix this bug? I want the saints offense and bears defense.

Message 3 of 20 (8,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I was able to change defensive playbooks, but cannot change my offensive playbook. Any help?

Message 4 of 20 (8,841 Views)

Community Manager

@Justbirdie311 wrote:

Marked your post as solved for visibility purposes so others know how to get around this. We've passed this over to the team to be aware of. Thumbs up

Related post

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 20 (8,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It didn‘t fix anything for me. Please have this bug fixed. I know many people who have the same bug.

Message 6 of 20 (8,792 Views)

Playbook glitch

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Ballgame59
Date/time issue occurred 08/04/2019
Summarize your bug No matter what playbook I buy and equip, it never changes from the Saints offensive playbook. I don't even own the Saints book. Never have.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at my playbooks.
What happens when the bug occurs? The playbook doesn't change to the one I equip.
What do you expect to see? The playbook I equip.

The first two days I had the game, I played with my default offensive playbook (Browns). Then on Sunday my plays were totally different and it's the Saints offensive playbook. I don't even own the Saints book however it was my playbook in M19. The only thing that I did different was delete Madden 19. Ever since then, this happened. Then Monday it changed back to Browns again. Now today it's Saints.

Tonight I went and bought a Ravens, Chiefs and another Browns playbook. I equipped all and nothing happens. It's still is Saints. My line up says Browns however in game it's Saints plays.

Message 7 of 20 (8,769 Views)

Re: Playbook glitch

★★★ Novice

I still have this problem also. It's a problem with the Main Settings Playbooks. The only TEMPORARY fix is to back out of MUT and change playbooks in the main menu settings, then go back into MUT. Just know you have to do this EVERY TIME you want to change playbooks.

Message 8 of 20 (8,750 Views)

Re: Playbook glitch

★★★ Newbie

When I play solo challenges, I’m given a different defensive playbook. Don’t know how to fix it. Tried changing multiple playbooks but keeps going back to the same one. 

Message 9 of 20 (8,744 Views)

Playbook

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 08/18/19
Summarize your bug Didn’t change my playbook but don’t have any of the same plays offense and defense did this
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Work
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t choose the plays i want
What do you expect to see? It fixed

My plays are different but I didn’t choose a different playbook and they’re still the same teams

Message 10 of 20 (8,726 Views)