Original Post

Accepted Solution

Play button broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Platform:Steam-PC
What is your Star Wars: The Old Republic Display Name? (optional) DatBlueDatsun
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia GTX 1650 50 watt tongfeng
What time did this happen? Please include the timezone. 7:49PM Pacific Daylight Time
What class were you playing? Sith Marauder / Jedi Sentinel
What role were you playing? Damage
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What happens when the bug occurs? I am creating a new character and yes I did name them Snoot42069. Once the character is setup clicking play does nothing. I have restarted my computer and game several times. I opened task manager clicked play and no stats changes so the game is not loading what it is supposed to.
What do you expect to see? The menu progress past character creation.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk If it's server side or client side so I'm not exactly sure if you will see it

I am creating a new character and yes I did name them Snoot42069. Once the character is setup clicking play does nothing.  I have restarted my computer and game several times. I opened task manager clicked play and no stats changes so the game is not loading what it is supposed to.

Message 1 of 6 (2,295 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Play button broken

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey there! You cannot use numbers in names; only regular letters, accented letters, hyphens, apostrophes and one space work as options.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,236 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hey there! You cannot use numbers in names; only regular letters, accented letters, hyphens, apostrophes and one space work as options.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (2,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I put my Sith's name as Darth Vigor because thats my oc and it means brute strength, but the play button wont work. After that didnt work I tried different names and it still didnt work

Message 3 of 6 (2,207 Views)

★★ Novice

same problem here, even by random names. I tried all servers, the play-button didn't work.

Message 4 of 6 (2,148 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. It doesn't matter what names I've put in and I've tried tons, moving different special characters around in the names. 

Message 5 of 6 (2,133 Views)

★ Novice

And guess what. Randomly entering other letters not trying to spell anything worked. Frown

Message 6 of 6 (2,131 Views)

Check out the current server status for Star Wars™ : The Old Republic™.

View More

Bug Reports

Found a bug in-game? Let us know! If you are a Subscriber and in-game, you can type /bug. Or head over and post on the Bug Report Forums.

View More

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help