Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] 'Play Video Game' Whim Not Completing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37 (Latest)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up to and including Paranormal stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All on default settings, when 'Play video games' whim appears, exercising 'Playing video game' does not work(whim pinned or unpinned). None of the following fixes worked either after my testing: Restarting ps4; rebuilding ps4 database; starting new fresh first save; erasing all previous saves; erase user data from ps4 storage; re-enable whims in options menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whim simply does not fulfill. No satisfaction points are earned, in every situation, even on default settings, at home-lot itself, even at beginning of new fresh save, before any travels performed, and even when whims are refreshed.
What do you expect to see? I expect that 'Play video game' whim gets fulfilled and will earn my Sim his lifetime reward(satisfaction) points accordingly after fulfillment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please do not abandon the whims feature of the game. The new expansions after 'Seasons expansion pack' are missing new whim varieties. They are one of the most fun things in the game to accomplish in the short term.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (965 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Listen to Radio Whim + Play Video Game Whim: Not Completing.

Hero
Archiving this thread as per Patch 1.90.358 as Whims are being replaced by Wants & Fears.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (600 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Sunshine_0928 The stereo whim has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Listen-to-Any-Radio-Station-whim-not-completing/td...

Coudl you edit this post to make it about the video game whim only. The bug forum should have a thread per issue and these whims aren't connected with each other.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (939 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks. Just amended.

Message 3 of 5 (927 Views)

Hero
@Sunshine_0928 Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (910 Views)

Hero
Archiving this thread as per Patch 1.90.358 as Whims are being replaced by Wants & Fears.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (601 Views)