★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Immortal_Stark
Date/time issue occurred 7/24
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug The LT or RT does not display the Play Art, as well as the Kickoff or Field Goal does not show any meter and results in terrible kicks all the time. I also notice when this happens, the icon that shows where the ball is landing on a kickoff does not appear as well. I have only managed to get it working for one drive but then it stops working for the rest of the game.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load into any game (I was in Play Now and Practice)
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to see the play you picked on the field using the play art buttons. (LT or RT when using Xbox One controller for PC)
What do you expect to see? I would like to see my play art when I press the LT or RT before snapping the ball.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidea GTX 1080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 24GB RAM

Message 1 of 80 (7,673 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Play Art/UI Bug PC

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same for me. Terribly annoying. I figurred out that a workaround is to minimize the game when the bug appears and go back to fullscreen afterwards. Does that work for you?

EA_Blueberry: Marking workaround fix as a solution for visibility reasons only. Information on this has been passed to the Madden team

EDIT: Try switching to FXAA in MSAA settings to get around this UI issue.

Can you provide us the following in this post:

• DxDiag so we can gather information on your system specifications
  • Screenshot of this in game
  • Origin ID (if your forum name here is not the account you play on)

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

View in thread

Message 2 of 80 (7,594 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same for me. Terribly annoying. I figurred out that a workaround is to minimize the game when the bug appears and go back to fullscreen afterwards. Does that work for you?

EA_Blueberry: Marking workaround fix as a solution for visibility reasons only. Information on this has been passed to the Madden team

EDIT: Try switching to FXAA in MSAA settings to get around this UI issue.

Can you provide us the following in this post:

• DxDiag so we can gather information on your system specifications
  • Screenshot of this in game
  • Origin ID (if your forum name here is not the account you play on)

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 80 (7,595 Views)

★ Apprentice

You are a LIFE SAVER omg. Thanks so much man. I mean it's still super annoying that I have to minimize and then go back to it for it to work again but at least I know it's a fix for now. I can at least enjoy playing the game now. I hope they patch that really really soon. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 80 (7,586 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Glad that it works for you bro!
Still @EA, please have a look at that and bring out a day zero patch, lol. Would be cool, if anybody from EA  would gove us a ping and confrim that they are aware of that massive bug.

Message 4 of 80 (7,582 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah this is a pretty bad issue. I'm not able to finish the first game for the QB1 mode since it doesn't save during the game.

Message 5 of 80 (7,572 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Lord_Stark677 Why was that marked as an "accepted solution" -- that doesn't mean it's no longer being investigated, right? Because minimizing the window every time I want to make a kick isn't cool.
Message 6 of 80 (7,560 Views)

★ Apprentice

@BigJohnWoody wrote:
@Lord_Stark677Why was that marked as an "accepted solution" -- that doesn't mean it's no longer being investigated, right? Because minimizing the window every time I want to make a kick isn't cool.

I would hope that they realize that I mean it’s a solution to being able to get the game at a working state and not a logical sufficient solution to the issue. Then again it’s EA who knows. 

Message 7 of 80 (7,554 Views)

★ Apprentice
@BigJohnWoody I also took off the acceptable solution because you’re right. It’s not acceptable at all. The game should just work correctly.
Message 8 of 80 (7,551 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue here.

Message 9 of 80 (7,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@DixieLantaVegas wrote:

Yeah this is a pretty bad issue. I'm not able to finish the first game for the QB1 mode since it doesn't save during the game.

What about mininizing the game and maximising it again afterwards? This is a short term workaround for me when that bug appears.

Message 10 of 80 (7,507 Views)