by osiazul

Original Post

Highlighted

Platforms: issues with Bulldoze Tool and Undo Button

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the except Get Famous, Journey to Batu, Laundry, Tiny Home, Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to bulldoze a Snowy Escape premade lot and build or place something when the previos platforms havee been. Build a platform and try the undo button.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I bulldoze a lot with platforms the data of the platforms is not completly gone. You can try to place anythig where the platforms have been: it show you that it is occupied by something. If I bulldoze a lot with platforms and try to place another lot the stairs, doors and other stuff blows away (if their place match with the place the previous platform/platforms have been). The only way to clean completely the lot is: bulldoze, save, exit to the map, save, enter again the lot. Also if you tray to undo a platform, nothing happens, you need to do it manually (it will only apply to the stuff you put at the platform, not the platform itself).
What do you expect to see? To bulldoze a lot with platforms and get a completly clean lot to start building or placing a new lot. That the undo button works with platforms.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug should be discover with the premade houses of the Snowy Escape EP. It should be better to avoid platforms if they were not completly tested. It is a nice feature, I hope it can be fixed soon. Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (735 Views)

Re: Platforms: issues with Bulldoze Tool and Undo Button

Hero

@osiazul 

There are many posts here at AHQ with the same issue. Most have titles that don't clearly state the problem though so they are hard to find.  The issue has been going on since platforms were introduced with SE and shows up in a number of different ways.  I and other helpers here have tested many of the lots where people sent us the lots to test and did many test builds to see if we could figure out what is going on.  Your post summarizes the issue very well based on what we have figured out.  Bottom line is that it occurs if you move or delete a platform, the tiles where the platform originally was becomes unusable and you can't place anything on those tiles.  It seems there is some kind of temporary marker or residue left behind when a platform is deleted or moved.

But there are a couple of things you can do to save a build afflicted with the problem without completely bulldozing and starting over that you may not be aware of as you didn't mention them.  We found that if you save a lot with the issue to your library, bulldoze the lot, then replace it with the copy from your library, the problem goes away at least until you alter a platform again.  The other thing we found that if you save and quit, then restart the game, then go back to the lot, the tiles are freed up and you can continue your build.  You have to quit all the way back to the Origin screen.  Just going to Manage Worlds or the Main Menu won't work.   

I agree 100% with you that the problem shouldn't happen in the first place.  Something is off in the coding on how platforms work.  But it is there and until we get a fix, the things I mentioned are at least a workable solution so you can build what you want.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (697 Views)

Re: Platforms: issues with Bulldoze Tool and Undo Button

★★ Guide
@CGrant56 Thanks for the info... I did not found any posts about this, sorry Frown I will use your info while building. As I share my lots to the gallery, I always playtested them... but a playtested lot will have issues if you use a "dirty" lot. (I hope we can have a fix soon, platforms are cool). Have a nice week Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (645 Views)