Platforms have broken, can't place furniture over an enclosed platform.

by SimProbable

Original Post

Platforms have broken, can't place furniture over an enclosed platform.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most of the packs excluding any pet related game journey to batue bowling nifty knitting luxury stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing in mount Komorebi, I have enclosed a multi level platform in a middle height room on a foundation. I have ground level and 2 further levels of platform. Platform heights are increments of 1 from the last platform. I split the platform with a couple of other walls. often occurs when i try to put stairs to the next floor. There is a room above this level.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can not clone the floor material from the floor or place furniture and items on the platform. they all spring to the walls and around the edge.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to place furniture on the platform. it works when the room is not enclosed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am having issues with the platform tool. In one of my rooms the game is refusing to let me place any items or objects. It also will not clone the floor and I get the " nothing to clone" message appearing. the building i have built on this same lot next to this works fine. 

This platform was working. 

I have turned the game off and on again and I have disconnected all mods. The error is still occurring on this one building.
I turned on bb.showhiddenobjects which seemed to be when the fault triggered and no it will not go away. and I cant use this build. 
I have deleted the room and started again.  

I cant even drag the items into the space, there is a complete block on the area. my mouse in this image was located in the middle of the room space. 
Picture1.png

Message 1 of 5 (919 Views)

Re: Platforms have broken, can't place furniture over an enclosed platform.

★★★ Novice

I think the problem I am having here is when i add staircase to the next level leaving a platform level on the first floor. I have another community lot where the sims will not use the stairs from a platform, showing the new animation that they dont have enough head height. These stairs do however have open stairwells so there should be plenty of height for them to use the stairs. 

Has anyone else placed stairs on top of platforms to other levels? are we able to do this? 

Thank you I look forward to hearing what your experiences is or if anyone has experienced this to? 

Message 2 of 5 (878 Views)

Hero
@SimProbable Is either of these what you're seeing:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-place-certain-objects-on-platforms/td-p/9723...
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Object-sinks-into-platform-and-can-t-be-placed/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (866 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict 
I have separately encountered the 2nd issue with the platforms, where faced in 1 of 8 directions my meditation stool sank through the platform. 

I can't work out if the first thread is the same issue or not? My platform is like a complete dead space in the game and tings will not even go near it. I have MOO and the furniture and objects simply will not enter the area where the platform is. 

I have read into the height restrictions with platforms, I don't know at what point adults cant get on the higher tiers, but I am finding they are not recognising when the ceiling has been removed above, they still cannot cross over the point between the first and second floors. 

I am having difficulties where the floor has to be in place to use the stairs, I cannot have open stairwells in my builds for some reason. 

Do EA take note of these bugs and issues appearing in the games? I'm new to the forum as its the first real problem i have had. 

Thank you so much for reading my post and trying to help. I appreciate your time!! 

Message 4 of 5 (844 Views)

Hero
@SimProbable I'm going to leave this separate then. I personally can't help with build issues but yes, EA is reading this forum. If they fix stuff depends in many factors though and they never say in advance what will be fixed when.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (820 Views)