Platform floor goes see-through

by 1mhisgardener

Original Post

Platform floor goes see-through

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Home Designer, Moschino, My First Pet and Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar. Also don’t own any Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t think you can. I tried recreating the room (basically) on a different lot and didn’t see the same problem. I’ve also conducted another test which is in the next section:
What happens when the bug occurs? For context, this is a room on a foundation with 3 segments. One is flat and behaves normally. The others are platforms and behave in the following way: • The floor goes invisible. I can see the foundations of another building on the lot and some snow-topped rocks that look like they should be connected to something above, but there aren’t any rocks above • Sims can still walk on the floor in live mode • When I zoom out, I can see the floor. When I zoom out, the floor disappears. (I feel like this is related to my render-distance or something because all my graphics settings are very low. When I zoom out all the objects switch to their 2D versions very quickly) • When using the eyedropper tool, it says “this item cannot be copied” or something along those lines. This occurs whether I am zoomed in or out and whether I can see the floor or not • I can’t change the flooring • I can’t put new furniture in this room because I literally can’t drag the item into the room. It just gets stuck at the wall, as if I were trying to drag the furniture off-lot I conducted the following test, and this is what I found: 1. I took one of the glitchy segments and moves it elsewhere on the lot. It was still on a foundation but no longer was a platform, and it bagged normally. 2. I built a new room segment where the old one was. This behaved normally. 3. I raised the new room segment by one. It started behaving exactly as the old room segment did. More context: When I first built the room I made platforms and put furniture in it, and it was fine. I then played on it in live mode, and I believe that was fine too. At some point, I played on it in live mode and the floor was gone. I wasn’t suprised as my game can be quite glitchy, but if I reload the game the problems always fixes themselves. This one didn’t though, and now it is permenantly present whether in live mode or build mode. I normally get texture glitches but have had ‘blue-space’ glitches before. None have ever persisted though. Blue-space being the underground but that the player isn’t meant to see. You’ll see what I mean in the pictures.
What do you expect to see? The floor should be there and have full floor-functionality. I should be able to place new furniture on it, use the eye dropper tool on the floor and also change the flooring.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This particular issue is with platforms, so of course came with the platform update. It didn’t happen right away though.

I think I’ve said everything but it wouldn’t let me submit without typing here, so here you go.

Message 1 of 4 (738 Views)

Re: Platform floor goes see-through

★★ Pro

I wonder if this is related to the bug where the tile underneath a ladder goes invisible when placed on a platform that is on a basement floor.. Wondering

Message 2 of 4 (695 Views)

@1mhisgardener

Are you on a PC or Mac?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@BluebellfloraOn on PC. It’s a 64 bit Lenovo Laptop with an intel 7th gen i5 core, if that’s relevant

Message 4 of 4 (628 Views)