Re: Plants sold through Inventory decrease household funds

by crinrict

Original Post

Plants sold through Inventory decrease household funds

★★ Novice

When my sims grow fruit and vegetables, and I sell them via inventory, I can only sell one 'type' of plant a day for income, otherwise I lose money from my household fund.

For example, if I have 10 mushrooms that I've harvested in my inventory, 5 strawberries and 5 basil, then sell my mushrooms, I get xx amount of profit to my Household fund. If I then select to sell the strawberries and/or the basil, it deducts money from my household fund.

Message 1 of 6 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

EDIT: I've tried to duplicate this but couldn't. Are we talking about the general household funds or the ones where it counts towards an aspiration ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (368 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again....no mods or custom content, just pure game installs. 

I haven't tried it with another aspiration, but I was specifically using the Fortune > Mansion Baron when this occured.

No cheat codes in use either.

Message 3 of 6 (358 Views)

Hero

To be sure: Do you mean the funds where it says: Have a home worth §200'000 (or the milestone 1 equivalent) or do you mean the household funds underneath the Sims portrait.

What I find strange is that the first one adds and the rest reduces.

For me it's like this:

- Aspiration: The amount gets smaller since my home is less worth if I sell stuff (money doesn't count towards the aspiration)

- Household funds under portrait: Amount increases.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (351 Views)

★★ Novice

YES! That's it exactly!

It's basically saying that if you sell stuff in your Inventory, your worth/wealth decreases, when in fact you have more money in your bank.

Yet the odd thing is, the first type of plant I sell adds to the value/aspiration worth, but the rest decrease it. I can only sell one type of plant a day to add to the aspiration of wealth.

Message 5 of 6 (344 Views)

Hero

It should decrease as money in your account doesn't count towards the aspiration.

Could you try repairiing the game by right-clicking on it in Origin to see if that changes the behavior ?

If not, could you upload the save game somewhere and PM me the link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (334 Views)