Re: Plants resetting

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just started a totally new game, a save file I'd been building over the past several months while waiting for the open stair bug to get fixed, and this started to happen.

I just kept playing when the bug occurred, and the dirt piles grew up into ful-grown plants again. I even got to evolve a couple ... and then they reverted again. I don't think it's random. I planted these plants at different times, and I notice that they revert to dirt piles in order of age: first the one garlic plant I started with; then the other garlic plant, the cherry tree, and the one lemon tree I planted a few minutes later; and finally the group of lemon trees I planted the next day. It's really acting as though the "revert to dirt pile" thing is a natural stage in the plant's life cycle ...

So yeah, at this point, I really am going to just treat this as a natural part of the plant's life cycle -- like it's just "winter". (No, I don't have Seasons.) We'll see if I can actually get the plants up to Perfect with them regularly turning into dirt piles every few days.

Some Info:

The expansion packs I own are: Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Discover University, and Eco Lifestyle.

Game packs: Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, 

Stuff packs: Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, 

Kits: Courtyard Oasis

All the plants I've planted are affected. These are: several lemon trees, one cherry tree, and two garlic plants. They were planted after the most recent (July) patch. I believe the "trigger" is actually a timer: the last time it happened, my sim was working out in another part of the lot and not doing anything with the plants at all. I don't know if this timer begins when a plant is fertilised, but it's possible.

I'm not using any mods or cc. I'll check the game version the next time I open it. [Edit: it's 1.77.131.1030]

I'm playing on the Summer Home lot in Windenburg: a 40 wide by 30 deep lot, if I remember correctly. I think the lot traits are Homey, Party Place, and Romantic Aura.

I haven't taken note of any footprint changes; I assume I'm still in Neutral, though I'm not sure. [Edit: Turns out I have eco-footprint gameplay turned off.]

I see a couple of LastException files in my doc folder, but only one dates from within the past week, and I don't think it's related to the bug.

I'm not using a bee box.

The first time I fertilised the plants, it was with lemon; every time after that, it was with garlic. By the time this started to happen, every plant had been fertilised.

Message 101 of 618 (1,490 Views)

★★ Guide

yeah it's still happening on XB1 too.

Message 102 of 618 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Occur to me too but only with Trees

Message 103 of 618 (1,455 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Still having this issue after latest patch. Actually seems to be worse. Plants are reverting like once a sim week and there is no reason behind it at all. I can’t figure out why it’s happening. Mods or no mods it doesnt seem to matter unfortunately 

Edited to add save file. I think I did it right but please correct me if I am wrong Standard smile. This is the save it happens the most in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nRLodZneV5XOPU7-bhP_3KvxymxttVA2/view?usp=sharing

Message 104 of 618 (1,422 Views)

Plants resetting

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Together, Cottage Living, City Living, Tiny Living, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a few seeds on a residential lot and wait a couple days after tending to them numerous times and they will reset back to a pile of dirt like they have just been planted.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants reset back to a pile of dirt like they have just been planted, even if they are in season. This happens to all plants, and ones that are even evolved. It seems to be triggered more frequently if the plants are tended to e.g. Watered, weeded, spray for bugs or harvested.
What do you expect to see? For my plants to not reset to piles of dirt when they are in season.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This bug has been happening for too long now. I know this has been a major bug for a long time that the Sims team believe they have fixed in numerous patches but it has made no difference. It's even more frustrating now with Cottage Living having been released and the whole idea is 'living off the land'. My sims that are gardening-focused aren't as fun to play because after all the effort being put into their allotments they just disappear and by the time they're harvestable again the season is over and the sim has made no money/harvestables from the crops resetting.

Message 105 of 618 (1,438 Views)

★ Novice
@libbysf Iv got the same problem 😔😔 all of my plants / trees never produce anything to harvest. This was the whole reason I wanted cottage living. I guess I will wait to see if this gets fixed before I buy cottage living as there's no point if you can't even produce things to harvest
Message 106 of 618 (1,072 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have plants on your lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you have plants on your lot, you will see that your in season plants will just change back to the pile of dirt after traveling or loading the game
What do you expect to see? Plants to stay at the stage of growth they were at.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

Saved game is here 

Message 107 of 618 (3,160 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@hayleyhatton93 This has been broken for over a year. No reason to think it'd be fixed yet. A farming pack released when farming has been broken for a year?

Like I didn't see this coming...
Message 108 of 618 (1,049 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@akl1226 It's much worse. Happens to me every day now. No reason behind it. Sometimes they'll revert all on their own. Sometimes fertilizing will trigger it. Sometimes weeding will. Sometimes half the crop will revert, sometimes only one plant. Sometimes it's a different plant.

It's broken. Has been for a year. Either use cheats to fix it whenever they revert or just stop gardening.
Message 109 of 618 (1,043 Views)

★ Guide

So much worse after the patch and installing Cottage Living. I’m barely getting any harvest at all. Being able to grow plants is a big feature of CL - how can it be so badly broken?

Message 110 of 618 (1,024 Views)