by SwansSeer

Original Post

Plants Not Producing Harvestables

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? -- Expansion Packs: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, -- Game Packs: Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, -- Stuff Packs: Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a garden. Continue playing the game. If the glitch doesn't appear within about 5-6 in-game weeks, try a different save with a different garden.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants do not produce harvestables.
What do you expect to see? Plants that are in season and blossoming should produce harvestables daily.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue is slightly different than the ones others have posted. First, it's not just trees that aren't producing harvestables. It's seemingly every type of plant. I had veggies, fruits, herbs, and flowers in my garden, and none are producing any harvestables.

Second, leaving the lot and returning does not seem to solve the problem. I have tried that several times with no success.

I started my save in the Fall season, and continued through to the next fall; the second Fall was when the issue appeared. I went the entire Fall season without a single plant producing any harvestable, despite having numerous plants fully grown, in the Blossoming growth stage.

Unfortunately, I'm considering this save unplayable and starting anew. Gardening was such a major part of my Sim's life and my gameplay. I specifically chose to live in Henford because I wanted to be forced to collect produce.

Message 1 of 2 (3,660 Views)

Re: Plants Not Producing Harvestables

Hero
@SwansSeer There's several threads for harvestables depending on what happens. Which one are you referring too ?

This one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Trees-are-no-longer-producing-fruit/m-p/8719108 ? That isn't just tress although that's what the OP says so it's probably the same. The rest of the thread has many reports for all kinds of plants.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (3,638 Views)