by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Placing from the gallery removs Stairs, Doors, Pillars for some lots

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place Lot from Gallery. some Stairs, Doors, Pillars will be Missing
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects like Stairs, Doors, Pillars will be Missing
What do you expect to see? objects not Missing when Placing lots from Gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When Uploading lots to the Gallery placing them down for testing, objects like Stairs, Doors, Pillars are Missing

sample

07-25-21_1-54-14 PM.png

upload lot to Gallery and replacing the lot back

07-25-21_1-55-06 PM.png

07-25-21_1-55-13 PM.png

Now, not all lots does this. with testing on multiple location I found dozen or so lots are removing, Stairs, Doors, Pillars 

I all so place the same house a few times with different results. 

sample

lot has lets say 2 Stairs 2 Pillars, 2 Doors,

place lots from Gallery and we ended with 1 Door, 0 Pillars 1 Stairs.

repeat, 0 Doors, 1 Pillars. 1 Stairs

repeat, 2 Doors, 2 Pillars, 0 Stairs 

I think you get the hint

this was tested with multiple houses and getting the same results

this should be look into.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title,  Added Base Game Version Number

Message 9 of 11 (1,060 Views)

build needs to be fix, it's getting very old

★★★★★ Guide

built a new house, turn on moveobjects, then place the house, game strike again by removing all stairs, (why not?!?! got nothing else better to do?) trying to replace stairs. it wont go back to its build design, (why would it? its needs to be complicated, 10 sec placement ended up to a 3h re-design) oddly. will place through a wall, platform, pass a window and part of a door at the same time going to the 2nd floor? how does that make sense?

Message 1 of 11 (1,183 Views)

Re: build needs to be fix, it's getting very old

@LadyDarkSorrow

Which lot was this on? Can you save to your library and try a different lot? There have been issues on some lots with stairs being removed when placed.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 11 (1,157 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora  so far, where I like to build houses, (Newcrest), Twin Oracle Point, Rippling Flats, (Del Sol Valley), The Ward Den, Chateau Peak (Willow Creek) Bargain Bend. Potters Spay.  I try not to evict Sims from their homes, I like to use empty lots. but, it's not only stairs, also remove Pillars, sets half wall trims back to defaults. not trying to turn this into a rant post, I am at a point about to give up on building.

To answer the question. Newcrest - Twin Oracle Point is where this New House I built was place for testing and shocked those items was removed again.. and moveobject before placing lots does not work on those items 

Message 3 of 11 (1,124 Views)

@LadyDarkSorrow

Can you build the lot with stairs, save to your library then place it in several different worlds and see if the stairs stick. I know one of the Newcrest lots is a bit dodgy, can’t remember the name of the lot and I’m not currently in my game, but it is one of the lots in the bottom left corner-ish.

I’ll see if I can find an old bug report I vaguely remember and link it here for more info.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 11 (1,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora 

I hope this is what your asking

here is what I found so far . forgive me for the list it's big, not finish

Brindleton Bay
Cavalier Cove:
Chateau Frise, small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) took, 1 Stair 2 pillars
Hound's Head, small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) pass. big house(50x40) pass. big house(64x64) pass. pre-platform & pre-bend Stairs. big house(64x64) pass.
Sable Square:
It's A Good House, small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) took, 2 Stair, 3 pillars ,1 door
Whiskerman's Wharf:
Tail's End, small house,(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) took, half wall trim defaulted color, 1 2nd floor door

Del Sol Valley:
Mirage Park:
Vacuous Green: small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) took, 1 door 1 pillar 1 Stair
The Pinnacles:
The Ward Den: small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) took, 1 2nd floor door, 3 pillar 1 Stair. pre-platform & pre-bend Stairs. big house(50x40) pass.
Chateau Peak: small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) pass. big house(50x40) pass. bigger house(64x64) took, 4 pillars 2 doors 2 Stairs.
2 pre-platform & pre-bend Stairs bigger house(64x64) both pass
Bailey-Moon Manor: small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) pass. big house(50x40) pass. pre-platform & pre-bend Stairs, big house(50x40) pass.
Forgotten Hollow:
Straud Mansion: copy Straud Mansion(40x30) to Gallery then replacing it back, pass. small house(30x20) pass. pre-platform & pre-bend Stairs, small house(30x30) pass. mid house(40x30) pass.

Newcrest:
Llama Lagoon:
Twin Oracle Point: small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) took, 2 Stair 1 door half wall trims back to defaults. 2nd placement same house, took 1 stair 1 door. 3rd placement same house, 3 stair. big house(50x40) 2 stair. half wall trims back to defaults
Avarice Acres: small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) pass. 2nd mid house(40x30) pass.
Asphalt Abodes: small house(30x20) pass.
Rippling Flats small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) pass. 2nd mid house(40x30) 1 Stair
Tranquil Crescent: small house(30x20) pass. pre-platform & pre-bend Stairs mid house(30x30) pass. mid house(30x30) pass.
Bridgeview:
Midtown Meadows: small house(30x20) pass. mid house(40x30) pass. 2nd mid house(40x30) pass.
Comfy Cubby: pass
Beech Byway: pass
Fern Park: pass
Oak Alcove: pass

sorry for the mess, please forgive me

the ones that failed I get different results when placing the same house 

some lots will remove 2 pillars and a door, then replacing the same house on the same lot I get, 1 pillar 3 stair , again placing same house I get 1 stair 1 pillar are missing and section of half wall trims defaults back to original color. its really hard to explain.

but, I know this, small houses up to (30x30) lots seems do very well and passes almost 100% of the time, I also do better on results when houses are pre-platform & pre-bend Stairs,

I mean nothing was removed.

anyways, if you want me test a lot just let me know, more then happy to help or I can add more to this list.

Message 5 of 11 (1,062 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora 

did testing on some lots and its not finish. if you want me test other let me know I be happy too

short list text

Message 6 of 11 (1,087 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

sorry for this post 

the one that failed I found different results using the same house multiple times , place house and the door, pillar, stair would be missing.. place the same house 3 stairs would be missing, place same house again, 3 pillar, 2 door 1 stairs. would be missing and that what's so odd about it

Message 7 of 11 (1,082 Views)

@LadyDarkSorrow

Really helpful, thank you Standard smile Could you create a bug report in the bug forum for this and we can merge all this helpful testing into it? There is definitely an issue with some lots and it would be good to have a thread going which QA are aware of. Bug forum is here, just click the New Topic button to create the report https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 11 (1,058 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora  report made. and thank you for listening to my mini rant Standard smile

thread name "Some Lots Are Removing Stairs, Doors, Pillars"

Message 10 of 11 (1,033 Views)