Placing Walls Deletes Platforms

by BubblgumBlitz

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except Jungle Adventure, the magic one and the starwars one, as well as most of the stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a room. Place a platform in a corner against some walls (walls will be deleted,) try to rebuild the walls (platform will be deleted).
What happens when the bug occurs? Platform gets deleted
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to place walls around a platform to create a room with different levels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Sims 4 platform tips page makes clear that placing platforms against walls within a built room will delete the walls, but everything I have read suggests that I should be able to add the walls back in, without issue; however,

When I try to build walls around the platform I'm trying to add, the platform gets deleted! Could I be doing something wrong? Has anyone else had trouble using platforms this way?

Message 2 of 3 (3,146 Views)

★ Apprentice

The Sims 4 platform tips page makes clear that placing platforms against walls within a built room, will delete the walls, but everything I have read suggests that I should be able to add the walls back in, without issue; however,

When I try to build walls around the platform I'm trying to add, the platform gets deleted! Could I be doing something wrong? Has anyone else had trouble using platforms this way?

Message 1 of 3 (3,139 Views)

Re: Placing Walls Deletes Platforms

Hero

@BubblgumBlitz 

Yeah, when I started using platforms, I found they do that.  If you start drawing a wall on the platform itself, the platform disappears.  What I found to work most of the time was to start redrawing the walls from at least one tile away from the platform towards the platform.    So if you have a 2X2 platform in a corner, you draw a 3 tile wall from each side towards the corner.  Kind of hard to describe but it usually works for me.  

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3 (3,106 Views)