by Aelwulf

Original Post

Pixelated Fog/Smoke/Fire

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Grainy and pixelated graphics/fog/fire/smoke
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check my screenshot
What happens when the bug occurs? Graphics looks grainy and fuzzy, fire and smoke looks very pixelated.
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1070 Strix
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8 GB

Hi, i have a GTX1070 + i5 6600k system, i play at 1080p with all set on ultra 100% res scale and i have this very annoying problem. The fog/smoke/fire in game looks very ugly its pixelated and grainy it annoys me very much i tried disabling AA, setting res scale to 125 or 150% but it doesnt help.

Message 1 of 5 (4,187 Views)

Re: Pixelated Fog/Smoke/Fire

★★ Novice
So far from what I've seen this error occurs on Nvidia video cards, I suppose it could be fixed by fiddling around with the Nvidia control panel but I'm not entirely sure. If anyone knows a fix it would be greatly appreciated.
Message 2 of 5 (4,094 Views)

Community Manager

Perhaps setting your 3D settings to be Application-controlled will help?

You can get to this in the Nvidia Control Panel, from Manage 3D settings > Program Settings. 

One thing that does pop out is Anti-aliasing -  Transparency. I know mine on my modest work PC is set to off by default. Perhaps if yours is off too, enabling it will help?

I know this is guessing, but I hope it leads in the right direction, thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 5 (4,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got a PS4 Pro with Samsung UHD TV and have the same problem.. why?

Message 4 of 5 (3,891 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I've been having this issue as well. But only on my laptop with an nVidia 1060 card. On my desktop with an old 500-series card there's no issue. Smoke, fire, and gas all pixelate/obscure to the point I can't see at all unless I remove myself from the area.
Message 5 of 5 (3,470 Views)