Piranha drama

by konekosama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Piranha drama

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Has anyone caught one? I've had my sims fishing for days and days at the park and getting lots of sturgens and red tailed black sharks... Seriously... I've caught like 5 violins... and still no piranha.

Oops can a Moderator move this out of the bugs area? >.< put it in the wrong place.

Message 1 of 4 (7,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Piranha drama

★ Guide

You have to use bait, fish, I caught mine finally I think using a Koi in the grassy park at the central pond. The name escapes me.

I spent literally days fishing. I tried small fish bait, medium fish bait and large fish bait. I had two sims fishing at once, one with a 10 fishing and one with a 7 fishing. I can't remember which one caught it I was just too excited as it was the last fish I needed for literally weeks. The probability is just very low, and bait gets consumed very quickly. And random is unfortunately random.

I moved all the fish of various types between each fisherperson so that they had more bait between them and could fish longer with each type. As they ran out I changed type (eg one would fish with treefish, one would fish with minnow, when that ran out I just moved to another type of fish). I fished for days so I had a lot of bait accumulated. 

I just finally got lucky with Koi. 

I had better luck with space rocks and alien fossilized heads :P 

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (8,193 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Not sure if that qualifies as a bug since there are people that are able to do so. Did you try with bait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (7,367 Views)

★ Guide

You have to use bait, fish, I caught mine finally I think using a Koi in the grassy park at the central pond. The name escapes me.

I spent literally days fishing. I tried small fish bait, medium fish bait and large fish bait. I had two sims fishing at once, one with a 10 fishing and one with a 7 fishing. I can't remember which one caught it I was just too excited as it was the last fish I needed for literally weeks. The probability is just very low, and bait gets consumed very quickly. And random is unfortunately random.

I moved all the fish of various types between each fisherperson so that they had more bait between them and could fish longer with each type. As they ran out I changed type (eg one would fish with treefish, one would fish with minnow, when that ran out I just moved to another type of fish). I fished for days so I had a lot of bait accumulated. 

I just finally got lucky with Koi. 

I had better luck with space rocks and alien fossilized heads :P 

Message 3 of 4 (8,194 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I found the piranha on my first try. My Sim was level 10 fishing and she went to the small fishing spot at the back of the Oasis Springs Park. She used Koi as bait and caught a Piranha on her first try. 

So try using Koi at the back of the Oasis Springs Park.

Message 4 of 4 (7,197 Views)