Re: Ping / communication menu keep popping out during gunfights after i use Logi

by cakit0

Original Post

Ping / communication menu keep popping out during gunfights after i use Logitech

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? UncleFarkerz
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Discord
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere in the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. During gunfights
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) All the time
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? During gunfights , the ping/communication menu just pop out of nowhere. and it caused me to lose aim n movement .
What should be happening instead? nothing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When im just spamming my movement keys and mouse button during gunfights

apex bug_Moment2.jpg

I just changed to this new mouse Logitech G Pro wireless from my old Razer Basilisk and this issues keep coming out. During any gunfight , most of the time the ping/communication menu just come out of nowhere even though I never press the middle mouse button. I have checked the keybinds and everything is just the same as last time. I tried using the wireless mode and wired mode of the mouse but the bug still comes. I noticed there were some other members who had the same problem, can u pls check whats the problem pls?? 

Message 1 of 10 (1,601 Views)

Re: Ping / communication menu keep popping out during gunfights after i use Logi

Community Manager

Hi @UncleFarkerz

I'm wondering if this might be happening because of the mouse configuration itself. Do you have the Logitech G Hub installed at the moment? If so, can you double-check there to see if there might be something in your mouse profile that could possibly be causing the ping menu to pop up? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

thanks a lot for your advice, I tried looking around the settings n set to default but still the problems persists. now I have just removed all my keyboard / mouse drivers and reinstall ghub again. hopefully it will work, still under testing .

Update : Just happened again, this time I was holding the attack mouse button(left mouse button) while using Havoc and then I try to move , the menu pop out again. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,513 Views)

Community Manager

@UncleFarkerz 

Thanks for giving that a shot. 

Do you have any other USB devices connected to your PC at the moment aside from your mouse and keyboard? If so, can you try disconnecting any other USB device and restart Apex Legends to see if that has any effect at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,441 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@UncleFarkerz I changed my ping bind, fixed it so far. have only played 3 games after that tho.. I too have logitech g pro wireless
Message 5 of 10 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im in the same situation here with the same mouse and problem please let me know if you guys find a fix for this its really annoying  thank you so much guys 

Message 6 of 10 (1,237 Views)

★★ Novice

Did anyone find a resolution for this? This happens to me right in the middle of beaming someone with an R9 or something. I start pinging and cannot finish kills and its getting quite annoying, but I noticed it's been happening when I got my Gpro as well....

Message 7 of 10 (1,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello 

Still have the same issue, I contacted Logitech, and they sent me a new Gpro, and the problem persisted. It looks like it is something with the hardware and game.

I just installed clean win11, and again the problem is there. Keep opening my ping menu during huge fights. Most of the time of high fire rate guns.

Message 8 of 10 (962 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So. I had Ping set on one of my mouse buttons. (I used the LVL UP SENSITIVITY BUTTON as the "P" letter on the keyboard. on that I had Communication Wheel for pings). I took out Ping from this button and for now, 2 games in a row THE PROBLEM seems to be FIXED!
try taking out the communication wheel from the mouse buttons...

Message 9 of 10 (507 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with APEX, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (495 Views)