Re: Pillars not loading in from gallery when placing lot

by stjmk

Original Post

Pillars not loading in from gallery when placing lot

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famou, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Courtyard Oasis
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1) Open and launch the game Step 2) Go to an empty lot Step 3) Download a house from the gallery that has pillars Step 4) Observe results
What happens when the bug occurs? Many if not most of the pillars are not present once the house is loaded on to the lot, they have to be placed manually.
What do you expect to see? All pillars are loaded on to the lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Note: First image is how the house is presented in the gallery, and image 2 is the house once placed on the lot
bug1.pngbug2.png

Message 1 of 2 (226 Views)

Re: Pillars not loading in from gallery when placing lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@CuteCatOverlordI've only had that happen on one of my builds.

There were pilasters (pillars against walls) that I placed with MOO which did not like the frieze with the wall height. So, when I placed from gallery on a new lot (with MOO), the pilasters would flake out. (They would also flake out if I changed the wallpaper inside. Because... Sims!)

There were only two pilasters having that problem on that one build, so I just put a caveat on the gallery so that people would know they could simply replace them. (Full Disclosure: Yes, it is my Quad Manor.)

Wondering if it's the new trims/friezes?

Message 2 of 2 (205 Views)