Re: Phone restarting (shutting down and restarting) when launching battles.

by CG_MindTricks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Phone restarting (shutting down and restarting) when launching battles.

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung J3
OS Version 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 691681571
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug My phone often restarts when i'm starting a battle - be it TB, event, arena. Been seeing this behavior since it downloaded something in game two days ago.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Best way would be to try using a samsung J3 and do TB, arena or event battles. My guildmates don't seem to encounter this issue.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Other
Country France

I've been encountering this issue quite often since the download two days ago - I can't play at all. I tried the usual uninstall, reinstall, clear cache. None worked.

Message 1 of 4 (350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, just a quick update here. We managed to reproduce the crash on Samsung Galaxy J3 and we will investigate what is causing it.
If I get any updates I will post them here.

Apologies for the inconvenience meanwhile.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (258 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MrBerthor and sorry to hear that.

Despite this being more likely a technical issue, we've checked your account and could not find anything unusual.

Since you've already done a clean reinstall, and you also cleared cache, can you ensure that you have no unrequired apps running in the background and that you have a strong and stable internet connection? Alternatively, check if there are updates available for your device, to ensure everything is up-to-date.

Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry for not posting it in the right section, i thought it was more of a bug since two days ago, before the game downloaded something, it was working well. I didn't install or change anything in my phone at that time and after this, therefore i don't see any other reason than something in the (pre-update ?) downloaded data made this bug...

I ensured every background app un-necessary were blocked. Tried to play tonight, but  the phone restarted twice - once during the ship Territory Battle mission (not special mission) and once when i was just moving screen in the cantina to go to the guild section.

I do have a strong and stable internet connection, and if the wifi were to wear off, i've got the 4G active right behind it.

My phone is up-to-date.

Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, just a quick update here. We managed to reproduce the crash on Samsung Galaxy J3 and we will investigate what is causing it.
If I get any updates I will post them here.

Apologies for the inconvenience meanwhile.
Message 4 of 4 (259 Views)