Phone Keeps Ringing When Game is Paused

by jmcdan02

Original Post

Phone Keeps Ringing When Game is Paused

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP10: 1.assets.ml-ep10.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Journey to Batuu, and Spooky Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pause the game when the active sim's phone is ringing.
What happens when the bug occurs? The phone does not pause. The pop up window opens. Eventually the window goes away and there is no way of knowing what the message said. It is rare for me to pause the game when the phone is ringing. I have noticed it before. This time, I had an important text, so I paused the game in the middle of the phone ringing. I glanced up while texting to see the text box about the phone call and it disappeared a second or two later, so I was not able to respond.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when I pause the game that it also pauses any incoming phone calls so that once I resume the game I can answer the phone if I so desire and be able to see the message.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was unable to get a screenshot. This has happened before, but I rarely pause the game when the phone is ringing and had forgotten about it.

Message 1 of 3 (385 Views)

Re: Phone Keeps Ringing When Game is Paused

★★★★ Guide

I’ve been experiencing this issue as well. When I pause the game, I expect it to be completely paused which includes phone calls.

Message 2 of 3 (348 Views)

Re: Phone Keeps Ringing When Game is Paused

Hero
@jmcdan02 Just speculating here but I'm guessing this has to do with the UI not being connected to the speed of the game. Like you can click on any item in the UI while the game is paused.

So this might just be a limitation the game has.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (345 Views)