Pets freezing in city living (walking with dogs)

by MichellaSMC

Original Post

Pets freezing in city living (walking with dogs)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Pets City living Get together Get to work Dine out Perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When having combining city living and pets this bug will appear when walking or jogging with your dog. If you are in your apartment and click on your dog til walk or jog with them, nothing will happen. The sim will just leash the dog and stand still. Also after i go out of the apartment and call the dog, and finally walk it. If i cancel the walk it the sim will freeze in the spot and the dog will just go far away while still leashed.
What happens when the bug occurs? - Leashed and freezes - When cancelled in town, the sim will freeze and the dog will get far away while leashed.
What do you expect to see? That i can click on the dog and take it for a walk instantly when clicking, so that i dont need to go outside first. Also when cancelling the dog should stay next to the owner and i should be able to stear them at the location to walk freely or return home instantly whithout being stuck.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. In combination with city living and pets

fejl i sims.jpg

When having combining city living and pets this bug will appear when walking or jogging with your dog. If you are in your apartment and click on your dog til walk or jog with them, nothing will happen. The sim will just leash the dog and stand still.

Also after i go out of the apartment and call the dog, and finally walk it. If i cancel the walk it the sim will freeze in the spot and the dog will just go far away while still leashed.

- As seen on the picture while jogging my sims just get stuck.

Message 1 of 11 (2,240 Views)

Re: Pets freezing in city living (walking with dogs)

Hero
Which apartment are you living in ? there's a known issue where the dogs won't use the elevator

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,229 Views)

Hero

Hi @MichellaSMC 

are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (2,194 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same bug and I live in 20 Culpepper apartment, looks like the OP might be living there too, or at least the spice district

Message 4 of 11 (2,187 Views)

Hero
Could be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-Jogging-in-San-Myshuno-ends-abruptly-19-Culpepper/td...

This is the other reported issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-CD-Dogs-can-t-use-elevators-in-Financial-District/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (2,182 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@MichellaSMC 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,127 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict  hello Standard smile I also just experienced this. It was a bit freaky how my sim stood there totally frozen. How I got into this situation: I have a sim and dog that live in Windenburg and went to Hare Square. I then went for a medium walk with the dog. Suddenly the dog disappeared (the location was another lot) and the sim got stuck with the arms spread wide in another location of the same area (not other lot), other than that totally frozen. I tested it a few times and it kept happening. The dog after a while came back to where the sim was and then the sim would unfreeze, but again jump to another location in the same area.

Two days ago I purchased get together, fitness and outdoors as a bundle and this sim and dog were created after the purchase. I tested the medium walk with a sim from newcrest at Hare Square and it went fine. I noticed that some of the places where the sim and dog went on the medium walk (places where they stop for a bit while on a walk) are exactly the places where my other sim got stuck. It wasn't a totally random location. The sim seemingly got stuck and jumped immediately to the next "resting" point when the dog disappeared and later the dog popped up again to resume the walk alone to catch up with his sim owner?? Two times the dog came back within 30s, one time I used the whistle and noticed the location of the dog was a whole other lot.

During the stuck moment, I did see the sim perform actions. On the side I saw a lot of cellphone actions go by, so it was as if the sim was just playing with the phone, but totally stuck. Not blinking, not moving even the slightest. I haven't seen this issue before. It could be related to content of my bundle packs? Or it could be this particular breed of dog which I never had before? Or because my sim was tense as she had a fire in her house earlier? Or it's related to medium walk, I think usually I pick short walk?... but yeah I'm not sure. No cc, no mods here. On my third test run, there was nothing getting stuck but my sim bumped into another sim and suddenly they fought. There was a message "the sims now despise each other" and they never even met. My camera was just behind a building so I didn't see what happened but...???? is that normal??

Anyway here my screencaps from when my sim got stuck:

stuck.PNG

stuck2.PNG

Message 7 of 11 (1,932 Views)

Hero
@IrisuChan Sounds related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Dog-disappearing/td-p/9171495

Guess the disappearing while you were walking caused a reset.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,904 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this issue. No mods have ever been used on this computer. Game is freshly installed.

My sim does not live in an apartment, but on a lot, I think it was formerly called the Salty SeaDog. I try resetting the sim but it does nothing. The sim is permanently frozen and I have to restart the game.

It's incredibly annoying.

Message 9 of 11 (1,561 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Happening to me as well

Message 10 of 11 (1,412 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help