Re: Pets are impossible to keep happy

by Stjernemylder

Original Post

Pets are impossible to keep happy

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current packs as of July 2020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a pet/multiple pets with a sim who actively works/studies/does other things than attend to the pets at all times
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets are almost always unhappy/uncomfortable, with red background, even if they have no reason to be.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see it fixed so I don't have to constantly worry about the pets in the game anymore, wondering when they're gonna be taken away from me because I can't figure out what's wrong with them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My pets are almost constantly uncomfortable, no matter the excessive amount of energy and time I spend trying to cater to their every needs. Food is available, toilet is available, they have been brushed and cuddled and talked to and yet it doesn't take all that long before their faces are surrounded by that dreaded red square again. 

They're not scared of anything, they're not sick (no take to the vet option, and nothing showing up if I take them to the vet anyway), and if I go into the pet care menu there isn't a "what's wrong?" option to choose either...

I've tried to use cheats to remove all buffs, and to fill needs, and both, but practically moments later they're once again uncomfortable.

I haven't really play tested this as this is something I just thought of- but when I think back, I'm pretty sure it starts happening the second I adopt a second pet, or if I start out with multiple pets it's happening from the very beginning. Not completely sure if this is the case, as I said, or if it's just more noticeable with more pets... But as an add-on to that, I seem to have issues regarding food bowls whenever I have several pets, too, as they seem to all route to just one of them and then complain even though there's another bowl that's full right next to it.... So maybe there's something about the routing that makes it impossible for multiple pets to fill their needs as they're getting in the way of each other? I don't know... Just spitballing here. 

I'm kind of stumped at this point, and wondering if there is some sort of bug related to a buff or something similar, and if so- can you please be so kind as to fix it? It's such a shame that the main function of a much loved expansion pack doesn't work properly. I really love playing with pets, but at this point it's become stressful and unenjoyable to do so. Hoping to see this "older" pack get some attention and fixing soon! 

Love, 

Lizzie

Message 1 of 3 (483 Views)

Hero
@Stjernemylder Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (420 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hey! Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now and when I started up my game this time it didn't happen- but next time it happens I'll save and quit and send it to you!
Message 3 of 3 (375 Views)