Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pets Are Completely Broken ( For me )

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a pet ( Cat or Dog )
What happens when the bug occurs? Dogs and cats just don't look after themselves. They often pass out from being too tired or too hungry even with available bets, bowls of full food etc. If you spay your pets it doesn't work, they will still consistently and insistently yelp out for a mate. Right now walking doesn't work especially on a second floor. Depending on some lots you must initiate it outside for the walk to actually begin, otherwise they'll just leash the dog and stand there for a good few sim hours before doing the 'blocked path' animation. There are so many other bugs but this is one category for a section of them. I really hope they are eventually fixed as the effort and annoyance of watching them pass out, yelp constantly for a mate even when spayed which never stops or slows down ingame, etc, puts me off having them at all.
What do you expect to see? Pets be pets, not empty yelping buggy vessels of annoyance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 2 (588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pets Are Completely Broken ( For me )

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hi @wobibobi,
First of all, thanks for raising this to us! I am sorry to hear that you experience those issues in your game.

Just to make sure I got this right, looking at your post, it seems like we have 3 different issues called out here:

- Going for a walk doesn't work especially on a second floor, your Sim must be outside for it to work properly.

Dogs and cats just don't look after themselves, and

Spayed pets will continue to yelp out for a mate

Looking at first two issues called out, we do actually seem to have AHQ posts related to those already. So to make it easier for us to keep track, please make sure to hit the Me Too button on this post about going for a walk, and to do the same for the post related to pets not looking out for themselves. For the second one, it is true that this is related to PS4 only and it does not include the food bowl stuff that you mentioned, but overall it seems like we're looking at the same issue here, so feel free to add a comment to that one as well, calling out that this happens for you on PC as well and for food bowls in regards to the pet's hunger need as well.

For the last issue that you called out that pets will continue to call for a mate although they are spayed, I entered this in our bug tracking database, so we got you covered. Standard smileWink To make it easier though to keep track of who experienced this issue as well, it would be great though if you could remove those call outs related to other issues from your original post so we avoid any confusion for other players. Standard smile

Thanks again and have a great day!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (532 Views)

All Replies

Re: Pets Are Completely Broken ( For me )

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hi @wobibobi,
First of all, thanks for raising this to us! I am sorry to hear that you experience those issues in your game.

Just to make sure I got this right, looking at your post, it seems like we have 3 different issues called out here:

- Going for a walk doesn't work especially on a second floor, your Sim must be outside for it to work properly.

Dogs and cats just don't look after themselves, and

Spayed pets will continue to yelp out for a mate

Looking at first two issues called out, we do actually seem to have AHQ posts related to those already. So to make it easier for us to keep track, please make sure to hit the Me Too button on this post about going for a walk, and to do the same for the post related to pets not looking out for themselves. For the second one, it is true that this is related to PS4 only and it does not include the food bowl stuff that you mentioned, but overall it seems like we're looking at the same issue here, so feel free to add a comment to that one as well, calling out that this happens for you on PC as well and for food bowls in regards to the pet's hunger need as well.

For the last issue that you called out that pets will continue to call for a mate although they are spayed, I entered this in our bug tracking database, so we got you covered. Standard smileWink To make it easier though to keep track of who experienced this issue as well, it would be great though if you could remove those call outs related to other issues from your original post so we avoid any confusion for other players. Standard smile

Thanks again and have a great day!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 2 (533 Views)