Re: Pet Carrier Won't Work

by PaandiiCoorn

Original Post

Pet Carrier Won't Work

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats And Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Try to adopt Cat/ Dog 2. wait for agent to put down carrier
What happens when the bug occurs? If I Try To Adopt The Adoption Agent will come and set down the carrier but nothing will come out
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to adopt a cat/ Dog
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please Fix I want to have another cat In my household

Message 1 of 6 (832 Views)

Hero
@Awesom3sauce1204 Is your Sim living in a house or apartment ? Do the families that are supposed to have pets have any and do you see any strays around the hoods ?

Can you create pets in CAS and then have them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (801 Views)

Hero
@Awesom3sauce1204 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (751 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello there!

I have a similar problem where when I try to adopt a pet the adopting person will show up without a pet and just chills around my house/apartment. I have to force them to go so I can start the process all over again, but the same thing keeps happening. The last time I tried it with a single sim in the loft apartment in the arts district. When I go to Brindleton Bay I see strays and I can also create pets in CAS since that was my solution to this problem so far

Message 4 of 6 (728 Views)

Hero
@PaandiiCoorn Do you also have the Steam version of the game ? Any mods/cc ? Have you tried a repair yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey Crin,

no, I have the Origin version of the game and the first time it happened I had only MCCommand installed. But I will remove the mods and try it again.

The problem is I can't repair the game since it causes my PC to crash when I do it. This has been a problem for two weeks now I think? I reported the problem on a different thread

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/origin-error-code-327682-12/m-p/9532284#M95943

Message 6 of 6 (704 Views)