Persistent PC Crash/Lock

by TheeMindGoblin

Original Post

Re: Persistent PC Crash/Lock

★ Guide

Thanks for getting back to me! Yes. It freezes. The only remedy is restarting. It does it mostly between rounds when switching to a new map. It has been worse since the patch/map rotation update as well. I've tried everything. 

Message 11 of 24 (969 Views)

★ Guide

I just had two logins right now that locked up. One lock occurred at the main menu about 5 seconds after it appeared after the loading screen and another while attempting to open my daily crate. Both locks required I restart my computer. Could it be a combination of something with my rig and this game? It's baffling me to no end. 

Message 12 of 24 (947 Views)

★ Guide
All of my saved character loadouts were reset after the second crash. The game set my resolution to 1920x1080 and when I clicked on a character to do the loadout it was giving me a tool tips on it like I'd never played the game before. Then it crashed again.
Message 13 of 24 (941 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Ataashi Any progress at all? I saw that this same type of bug was actively being worked on on the Xbox side of the house. Maybe checking with them could at least help to suss out what it is I'm suffering from. As I said in a previous post, these locks are now completely resetting my collections page and even going so far as to show me tutorials on how to use them as if I have never played before. 

Short of you guys being able to help me, I may have to be done playing and I REALLY don't want to do that. I adore this game, but it's just not worth the headaches it's been causing. I hope something can be done. If there's anything more I can provide don't hesitate to ask. 

Message 14 of 24 (903 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @TheeMindGoblin

I wish that finding sources of problems on PC would be as straight-forward as it is on Xbox Embarrassed I know that some time ago we were dealing with similar issues on consoles, but we're talking about two totally different builds of the game. We may have more troubleshooting steps available on PC, bit it's also way more difficult to find fixes on this platform.

Actually, I'd like to check one more thing. Could you send me your MSInfo report in a private message? It would provide me with more information, but since it may contain info about other software that you currently have installed on PC, we never ask to post it public forum - only via PM or you can send it to our live support agents.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 15 of 24 (896 Views)

★ Guide

I just want to give a HUGE thank you to @EA_Ataashi for all their help and timely communication. Regardless of a solution, this is how Customer Service should be. Kudos to you!

Message 16 of 24 (875 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you, @TheeMindGoblin! Your message certainly made my day Heart

I just hope I will be able to help you resolve this situation Embarrassed

I've checked the MsInfo report, which you've sent me (cheers!) and I've found this nasty error RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 related to starwarsbattlefrontii.exe. You should know that this problem can be caused either by software or hardware issues.

I still have a few steps that you might want to try out, if you haven't done them already.

• Disable DirectX and turn on Vertical Sync in game options

Screenshot_1.png

• Limit the framerate to 60FPS

To do that, create a .txt file in a notepad called user.cfg and put it in the game catalogue ...\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\ 

In the file write:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60 

654674.PNG

In files ProfileOptions_profile and BootOptions add this line:

GstRender.maxvariablefps 60

14141.PNG

• Disable NVIDIA SHARE in GeForce Experience (Overlay) and the process responsible for GeForce Performance Monitor.

11231111.PNG

I also mentioned hardware issues. RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 can often be caused by faulty (or not good enough) power supply, so it's also worth consideration to check a different model if that's possible.

/Ataashi

Message 17 of 24 (856 Views)

★ Guide

I never had such a problem with the 1060 and enough powersupply. But I think great that you took all the effort to check that for a customer!

Message 18 of 24 (821 Views)

Message 19 of 24 (762 Views)

★ Apprentice

When presenting these issues make sure to include your PC specs, windows/OS version and stuff like DxDiag, MSinfo32 and driver status. Just helps out support a little.

The obvious step one would be to do a completely reinstall, clean out all the setting files as well. However i would assume that has been tried.

The second step would be locating if it is an issue only in this game, only on the engine or on all games, this can narrow the possibilities.

Next i would either reinstall GPU drivers or format my PC.

Finally i don't really wan't to get in depth in troubleshooting and all that, that is supports job but interpreting the crash logs and digging around all that would be my next approach, which is what support is doing.

Message 20 of 24 (749 Views)