Re: Permanent Nemesis Opponents

by CM_TGK

Original Post

★★ Guide

Trying to add @EA_Kent hoping that anyone actually acknowledges this...

Message 11 of 19 (1,523 Views)

★★★ Novice

I started playing the game on version 2.0 and the problem with permanent opponents didn't occur for me. Neither in story mode nor in career.

After updating to version 3.1 I have the exact same problem as described by all of you. The opponents are at nemesis state at the beginning of a race and after about one minute everything is fine.

I also realized that sometimes an opponent gets into nemesis state by just doing a clean overtake on them, which means not crashing into them and leaving enough space.

By coincidence I found out that the problem solves itself for just one race if you wait a bit on the pre-race screen. 

Somehow, the issue seems to be time based. 

Message 12 of 19 (1,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@goodoldbismarckunfortunately, after one minute, nothing is fine.
Those red-turned-black nemesis, or 'ninja nemesis' are still in a bugged state.

They might not ram you on sight like they used to, but just driving in their proximity will trigger them to become red nemesis again.

The problem never solves itself. They will become ninja nemesis after one minute after the event is loaded, does not matter if you drive or wait in the lobby.

This includes your teammate, and never goes away, every single race the cycle will repeat.

Message 13 of 19 (1,463 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all, 

I appreciate the reports on this. 

I'll send this up for a look. 

Kent.png
Message 14 of 19 (1,432 Views)

★★ Guide

If anyone was wondering if today's small patch fixed anything regarding the nemesis system... 

... NOPE.

Message 15 of 19 (1,407 Views)

★★ Guide

Big update for patch 3.2!!!!!!!!!

NEMESIS 

SYSTEM

STILL

COMPLETELY 

BROKEN

Message 16 of 19 (1,335 Views)

★★ Guide

Patch 4.0 - no change in nemesis behaviour, from what I was able to test.

STILL BROKEN

Message 17 of 19 (904 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope they get rid of this system to be honest. I've had this issue for months and months and I've even tried grinding them away and nothing stops the nemesis system. I know their names because they have been set to Nemesis since I first aggroed them ages ago.

Message 18 of 19 (633 Views)

EA Codemasters Team
@Dr_Klichka Hey!

Please find some more information on this here, we will be applying a fix for the next DLC update:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-we-have-a-serious-discussion-about-the-nemesis-syst...
Message 19 of 19 (1,522 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help