Permanent Nemesis Opponents

★★★ Novice

Product: GRID Legends
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Permanent Nemesis issue
Please specify your platform model. Steam
Did you have cross-play enabled? Yes
In what game mode did the bug occur? Offline Career
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by playing
What happens when the bug occurs? Every race I start
What do you expect to see? The same opponents being my nemesis every single race

For some reason once an opponent becomes my nemesis (from me accidentally hitting them one too many times) the opponent will stay as my nemesis no matter how many races I do. I mean it isn't exactly game-breaking but it gets rather annoying when I just start up a new race and instantly 6 different people try to steer into me. Then some innocent opponent gets hit by me spinning out of control and then I get a new nemesis. I'm pretty sure the whole grid will become my nemesis if this goes on haha.

I found a way to minimise the effects by waiting arnd a minute before pressing 'Start Race' as it allows the nemesis effect to wear off. But the moment I simply drive close to an opponent who was previously a nemesis, they will get flashbacks and suddenly become my nemesis again. They will proceed to yeet me into a wall or somewhere in space. Now I really do love this game but this issue is kinda annoying

Message 1 of 19 (4,291 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Permanent Nemesis Opponents

EA Codemasters Team
@Dr_Klichka Hey!

Please find some more information on this here, we will be applying a fix for the next DLC update:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-we-have-a-serious-discussion-about-the-nemesis-syst...

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (1,512 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Given how often this occurs and how it feels like 25% of the field now wants me dead due to accumulation and having accidents because I'm a bad driver. It would be nice if the next patch had a nemesis jubilee where all is forgiven

Message 2 of 19 (4,228 Views)

★★ Guide

I actually made Manzi my nemesis, to test this out.

It seems like he's in perma-nemesis state now, but not really.

He will take my commands from time to time, and when I hit him, I'll get the message that he now becomes my nemesis, despite being marked as nemesis from the start of the race.

I think it's the same with the other AIs, they're marked with red circle, and after hitting them once, they become my nemesis... again.

The system does not work as intended, at least this is certain.

Message 3 of 19 (4,203 Views)

★★ Guide

OK, after some testing, I can 100% confirm that this is a thing.

Nemesis system is indeed broken.

Before the race, looking at the roster, I can see about 80% of the field with red circles (nemesis).

After about 1 minute of the race, the red circles will disappear. and AI will start to be nicer. This includes my perma-nemesis teammate, who will start to listen to my commands again.

Unfortunately, the AI in this state is extremally vulnerable to become nemesis again, usually you only need to be in their proximity to anger them again, making the red circle appear again.

You cannot get rid of that refreshed red circle in that race, no matter what happens.

After the race is over, all the 'cured' red circles unfortunately reappear for the whole field, and the cycle can start again.

Nemesis state never wears off, making your races miserable and unfun. Everyone wants to kill you (including Manzi) and there's no way around it.

You can drive 50 100% clean races, AI won't care.

Good luck with that ECHO sponsor event on Legend difficulity, driving against that homicidal gang of murderers.

Message 4 of 19 (4,177 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yea that sponsor race is a nightmare. Hopefully a future update fixes the nemesis systems and races will be peaceful once again

Message 5 of 19 (4,147 Views)

★★ Guide

Can you guys post your thoughts about this one, post 1.09 patch?

The system seems to be less broken now, but still seems to be very erratic.

I struggle to recognize, who is my nemesis now.

Because on the minimap I see full grid of red cars, but when I inspect their driver tags/names when driving in proximity, there seems to be no red nemesis mark there sometimes.

Minimap shows something, driver tags show something else and the post-race standings screen shows a different thing entirely.

Message 6 of 19 (3,799 Views)

★★ Guide

Gave it a try yesterday, seems like nothing really changed here.

The endless cycle of:

1. everyone is your nemesis at the start of the race (including your teammate)

2. after 1 minute they stop being your nemesis

3. after a race, everyone is your nemesis again, does not matter if you hit them or not

Makes the experience really miserable, when playing on Legend. Usually you are killed even before the 1st turn.

Not touching that game until this is fixed.

Message 7 of 19 (3,465 Views)

★★ Guide

Just a small update for patch 2.0

This is still a thing, they didn't fix anything here.

Nemesis system is broken and out of control.

Message 8 of 19 (3,384 Views)

★★ Guide

Update for patch 3.1

They actually did something there, but does not seem to be 100% fixed.

Event standing screen after any race still shows everyone as nemesis. 

During race creator races, I can't see any nemesis drivers when driving, unless I make some.

In campaign, I still see nemesis drivers, who after 1 minute become 'ninja nemesis'... I also can see some nemesis drivers in the story mode.

And Manzi is always my nemesis, no matter what I do. At least for the 1st minute of the race.

So your nemesis teammate is still 100% broken. I will test nemesis behaviour in campaign and report back.

Message 9 of 19 (2,918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

OK, did some additional checks today.

The only thing that seems like changed is that enemies wont try to murder you, while in this bugged 'ninja nemesis' state.

Everything else still applies:

1. start race, whole grid shown as red dots

2. after 1 minute, red dots turn to black dots

3. when driving close or touching the black dot - it wakes up and becomes red nemesis again

4. once your restart a race or start a new one, the whole cycle repeats from point 1

5. no matter how many races you play, it is like this forever, which is the easiest to test, when Manzi is your nemesis

@EA_Kent this issue is the single biggest issue in the game right now, makes racing vs AI unbearable in faster cars.

Can you please escalate this, if possible? It's been like this since release.

NEMESIS SYSTEM IS 100% BROKEN, THEY WON'T FORGET ABOUT BEING YOUR NEMESIS, EVER, NO MATTER HOW MANY CLEAN RACES YOU COMPLETE

Message 10 of 19 (2,899 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help