Re: Perform 50 Romantic Gestures Glitch?

by ClayMask

Original Post

Perform 50 Romantic Gestures Glitch?

★ Novice

So I'm trying to complete the soulmate aspiration and I'm  on 'Perform 50 Romantic Gestures with Spouse as Soulmates"
My guys have been married for ages and they have fully maxed out their friendship/ romance bars yet they're still labeled as 'Lovebirds". I'm getting a bit frustrated now, when will they become soulmates? I don't know how much more romancing they can do, the poor things have been in a state of permanent flirt for days but I can't seem to progress any further. 

I'm just wondering if this is a glitch in the game or am I doing something wrong?

Please help... :catsad:

Message 1 of 17 (10,052 Views)

Hero

Sounds like a glich so I moved to bug reporting

Are you using any mods in your game ?

@karliener 

Maybe try lowering their relationships with these cheats: http://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index#wiki_relationships and then advance them again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (9,993 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much for getting back to me, 
No I don't use any mods, I've never fully trusted them to not break my game at some point. I will try looking at that link you sent, thanks so much for that. It's so annoying when you're so close to completeing something and then you run into a glitch, drives my OCD mad, lol. 

Message 3 of 17 (9,989 Views)

Soulmate Problem - Please Help!

★ Novice

How do I get my sim couple to become soulmates? 
They are "best friends", 'Spouses" and 'Love birds" with maxed out romance and friendship bars but no matter what I do, they won't become soulmates and I need it to finish and complete the soulmate aspiration - "Perform 50 romantic gestures with spouse as soulmates"
I can't complete it and its really bugging me, 

Please, please help me. I've posted evrywhere and even spoke to EA help but no one seems to be able to sove this issue. EA just told me to update my game which was useless. 

Is anyone else having this problem? 

Message 4 of 17 (9,988 Views)

Re: Soulmate Problem - Please Help!

Hero

So the suggestion I gave above did not help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (9,982 Views)

★ Novice

Well I don't want to use cheats because it says on that site that they can mess up the game, especially unofficial ones ( which the relationship ones were ) I'm just really not confident with stuff like that and I'd hate to make the probloem worse or crash the game and lose my progress. 

Message 6 of 17 (9,975 Views)

Hero

I really don't know of any other solution.

Make a backup of your save game (by saving it under a new name) and try it on that. This way the original is still avaible if something goes wrong.

You can also backup your entire user folder to an external drive or USB drive to be extra sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (9,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have discovered some things about the glitch that prevents Sims from becoming soulmates.  If your Sim is being romantic with another Sim outside the house, and all romantic interactions are done in one meeting, from no romantic relationship to soulmates, the glitch won't occur as long as you don't allow the relationship to decay to lovebirds.  If you do some romantic interactions and the Sim leaves and your Sim meets that Sim again later and tries to become soulmates, the glitch always occurs in my game, so long as the romance bar was below 50 after the first meeting.

I believe that the glitch is caused by the game getting confused between two different statuses of relationship, both called lovebirds.  At any positive level of friendship, if a Sim's romance bar is between 25 and 50, the status is called lovebirds and shows a symbol of two Sim faces with a heart above and between their heads.  However, if their relationship isn't glitched and their friendship is at least at 60, there is another lovebirds status which is represented as the same two Sims, but with three hearts above their heads.  In a glitched game, this status does not occur, and the status is stuck with the picture of the Sims with only one heart.  I think the game refuses to reach Soulmates because of this, since it would involve skipping a stage of lovebirds.

Message 8 of 17 (9,888 Views)

★ Apprentice

One thing I have seen throughout, is that not all SIMS can become Soulmates.  The majority of them can gain that status, but not all.  Amazingly enough the SIMS I thought could become soulmates never could gain that status, but was amazingly surprised when I've seen many others gain the status.  It does not take full bars across to obtain the status....maybe about halfway on both. 

I have never figured out the personality traits that can allow this to happen.....but to be honest I've never tried.

To complete the quest, I find SIMS that become soulmates first, then make them my best friend, and marry them.  I never start with the BFF first.

-AL2

Message 9 of 17 (9,878 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Alwaysl00king2 All Sims have the capability to become soulmates.  What prevents them sometimes is the glitch mentioned here.  The requirements for soulmates if they aren't glitched is friendship at 60 and romance at 75, according to Carl's guide on romance.  From my experience this is accurate.

Message 10 of 17 (9,874 Views)