Re: Penthouse as a Rental Property

by kc922

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@kc922 wrote:
@crinrictI'll let you know when I get home about the creator. I've never placed any other lot there, I'll also try that when I get home, along with placing it on a different lot.

I appreciate the suggestions.

The creator of the penthouse is JOL1990YT.

This is from a new save using the EA lot... And now I have the same options with the Gucci Penthouse number 1.  I placed a couple of different lots from the gallery and get the same results.

Torendi 1.PNG Torendi 2.PNG

If I try placing the same Penthouse on the Stargazer Lounge (after I reset the lot to rental), I get all of lot type options including rental.  So I guess you have to change the lot type prior to placing a new build... Odd.  Thanks for your help.

Message 11 of 19 (1,383 Views)

★ Apprentice

@kc922 wrote:

@kc922 wrote:
@crinrictI'll let you know when I get home about the creator. I've never placed any other lot there, I'll also try that when I get home, along with placing it on a different lot.

I appreciate the suggestions.

The creator of the penthouse is JOL1990YT.

This is from a new save using the EA lot... And now I have the same options with the Gucci Penthouse number 1.  I placed a couple of different lots from the gallery and get the same results.

Torendi 1.PNG Torendi 2.PNG

If I try placing the same Penthouse on the Stargazer Lounge (after I reset the lot to rental), I get all of lot type options including rental.  So I guess you have to change the lot type prior to placing a new build... Odd.  Thanks for your help.

When I try in my regular save file, I have this:

Gucci 1.PNG

When I try to replace that lot, I get this and it doesn't matter what option I choose, it stays a Penthouse (even if I bulldoze the lot before placing):

Gucci 2.PNG

The last thing I tried was saving the Stargazer Lounge to my library and then placing it on the Torendi Tower lot as a lounge and it does the same thing - stays as a Penthouse with no option to change it.  Looks like the lot itself is corrupted?

Message 12 of 19 (1,382 Views)

Hero
@kc922 I tried the lot and have no issues. Question: You don't have anyone living there, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (1,366 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict No one is living there, though I did test it both ways.
Message 14 of 19 (1,352 Views)

Hero
@kc922 Did you try a complete folder rename or a different windows account for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (1,346 Views)

★ Apprentice

I didn't, I'll try that next, thanks. 

Message 16 of 19 (1,343 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's the lot in a specific save file.  Once I renamed the folder, I can change the lot on a new save and on my test save.  When I try on my regular save, it's back to the penthouse.  I had used a mod "own multiple venues" and during one of the updates, I forgot to have the family that owned it sell it prior to removing the mod - I think that corrupted this entire lot for this save.

Message 17 of 19 (1,332 Views)

Hero
@kc922 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 19 (1,327 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@crinrict sent my save file, I hope I did it right...
Message 19 of 19 (3,503 Views)