Original Post

Accepted Solution

Penthouse as a Rental Property

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I go into World View in San Myshuno to try and change the penthouse to a vacation rental. The option to change the lot type is grayed out with a message saying "disabled for special venues". I know we can't make a regular apartment a rental but I thought you could with a penthouse.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot type is grayed out with a message saying "disabled for special venues"
What do you expect to see? The option to make the penthouse into a rental property.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? November patch/Snowy Escape 

Message 1 of 19 (2,479 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Penthouse as a Rental Property

★ Apprentice
@crinrict sent my save file, I hope I did it right...

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (3,504 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@kc922 I don't think penthouses are a special lot type. I have just opened one, and its type just says "Apartment". I have to say I am not sure why an apartment can't be a rental!
Message 2 of 19 (2,428 Views)

★ Apprentice
@IngeJones Agreed. Penthouses are considered houses on top of apartments which is why they're supposed to be allowed to be changed to rentals. Thanks for responding.
Message 3 of 19 (2,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@kc922 wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I go into World View in San Myshuno to try and change the penthouse to a vacation rental. The option to change the lot type is grayed out with a message saying "disabled for special venues". I know we can't make a regular apartment a rental but I thought you could with a penthouse.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot type is grayed out with a message saying "disabled for special venues"
What do you expect to see? The option to make the penthouse into a rental property.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? November patch/Snowy Escape 

ETA:  In a brand new save (also with no mods), I have the options of Residential or Tiny Home Residential only.

Message 4 of 19 (2,401 Views)

Hero

Hi @kc922 

you mean the 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse or the Start Gazer Lounge right ? 

I have no issues turning it in a rental

Bild_2020-11-22_211854.png

If you only have these two options, something strange is going on in your game.

Did you delete localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (2,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictThanks, I haven't tried the Star Gazers Lounge but yes, Torendi Tower. When I use the EA build, I get the options above. If I use one from the gallery-even though the options to place are either Residential (gallery) or Penthouse (lot), no matter which I choose, it stays a Penthouse special lot and I have no options to change the lot type.

I've deleted the thumbnailcache, resource.cfg, cache folder, cachestr folder and the onlinethumbnailcache folder.  I've even repaired the game.

Message 6 of 19 (2,380 Views)

Hero
@kc922 Could be a problem with the lot you downloaded. Which one have you tried ? There's no rental or penthouse category in the gallery, at least not as far as I can see.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (2,340 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I believe it's called the Gucci Penthouse 1.
Message 8 of 19 (2,321 Views)

Hero
@kc922 There's many of those. Do you have a name of the creator ?

Do you still have the lot in your library ? If so, have you tried placing it elsewhere to see if it also gives issues there ?

Have you ever tried placing another lot in your penthouse ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (2,300 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'll let you know when I get home about the creator. I've never placed any other lot there, I'll also try that when I get home, along with placing it on a different lot.

I appreciate the suggestions.
Message 10 of 19 (2,284 Views)