by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pear Tree Won't Produce Harvestables

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except JTB.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a fully grown in-season pear tree on a lot and click on it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pear tree never produces any harvestables, no matter how long you wait or if you try to use the cheat "set the gardening state".
What do you expect to see? The pear tree producing harvestables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have already tried repairing the game and deleting the cache.

Message 1 of 5 (856 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pear Tree Won't Produce Harvestables

Hero

@bshoe2001 

How did the pear tree get on the lot?  Did you grow it from a seed or did you grab it in build mode using a cheat?

None of the mature plants from using the build mode debug cheat will bear fruit as I understand it.  They are more or less ornamental only.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (769 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
@bshoe2001 Could you test a new save for testing purposes to see if it also happens there or is just happening on that particular save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (832 Views)

★ Guide

It's all saves.

Message 3 of 5 (805 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (795 Views)

Hero

@bshoe2001 

How did the pear tree get on the lot?  Did you grow it from a seed or did you grab it in build mode using a cheat?

None of the mature plants from using the build mode debug cheat will bear fruit as I understand it.  They are more or less ornamental only.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5 (770 Views)