Pausing/Fast Forward

by Abbalina1213

Original Post

Pausing/Fast Forward

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them, too many to type here. The most recent was the Dust Kit and I think that's when the issue started. I disabled the kit and restarted the game and it's still happening.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game (?) I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem so idk.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't pause or fast forward at all. Plus there is MAJOR lag for my sons to do anything I click on if they do it at all.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to pause the game or click on an object and my actions pop up but they don't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Basically I when I press pause it continues to play in normal speed. When I click fast forward it continues to play in normal speed. When I click on an object for my son to interact with nothing happens and the actions don't pop up. I can't even get my sims to move. 

Message 1 of 4 (313 Views)

Re: Pausing/Fast Forward

Hero (Retired)
@Abbalina1213 Do you use a large lot (50x50 or 64x64), or have a huge house with lots of items?
Message 2 of 4 (266 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Started approximately after the industrial loft pack. I have XBOX Series X and LB and RB are not always responsive to fast forward or pause. As well as arrows up and down when I need to switch floors. At some point something triggers it and they stop working so I have to go to manage worlds and then back to offset it.

Message 3 of 4 (245 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LittleHotThing1 A bug report for the d-pad controls is here: [XB/PS] [NEED VIDEO] Can't raise or Lower walls/Toggle floor, please use that thread to report that issue.

Message 4 of 4 (226 Views)