Re: Patty Cakes and challenger wearing normal clothes in STS challenge.

by Gameboy2936

Original Post

Patty Cakes and challenger wearing normal clothes in STS challenge.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8
OS Version iOS 13.6
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In a very rare moment, in a STS challenge, you can see Patty Cakes in her casual clothes, as well as the challenger your Sim is up against. This is a big problem for me, as they always wore the apron.
What do you expect to see? Both PC and the challenger not wearing casual clothes. Only their apron.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country Australia

The questions above explain it all. Let’s hope this gets fixed soon. Also here’s a picture for evidence;AC869F07-0663-4AC8-A6E7-E5285D5B8D82.jpeg

Message 1 of 12 (1,580 Views)

Hero
@Gameboy2936 Were you able to do the challenge even if they were wearing normal clothes or was there something working wrong or in a different way?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 2 of 12 (1,531 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Yes, I could still play the STS challenge that time. If you exit the game and head back in by closing The Sims Mobile they both will wear aprons again.

Message 3 of 12 (1,511 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

To be honest, as long as it doesn't affect the STS, this is not a problem for me (and some friends of mine). And it's fun too to see Patty and Oliver in their casual outfit. They deserve another clothes😂😆 Many people want to get this kind of bug 😂

Message 4 of 12 (1,443 Views)

STC - Patty and The Cook Appear in Different Outfits

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7S
OS Version 14.6
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the STC and start playing. If you keep going long enough, they will change.
What do you expect to see? Patty and the Cook staying the same. I like them the way they were!
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

I have been having a lot of trouble with NPCs changing outfits, usually ones I can control, so I haven’t bothered reporting them. Of late it’s been working NPCs, Sims I can’t control. 

Patty and the Cook will appear in their usual garb most of the time, but every once in a while they just change for no apparent reason. The lawyer at the Civic Centre does this, too. He’s dressed in street clothes right now. 

This STC is from this past afternoon, I used different Sims to play it, and this has happened at other STC’s but this is the first time for this one.

It is very strange to be introduced to this. I’m used to Patty and the Cook always being the same, you come to depend on it, like staples of the game.  
When this happens it is surprising in a bad way. You never know when they’re going to do it.

Edit: One of these is from yesterday. 

97B2070A-052D-4AC9-8734-62B9B2E88FA6.png

632A7413-B555-4E53-A041-BCD6A4A462E1.jpeg
209891F3-DD06-4D3E-B6A2-41EDFCB568FC.jpeg

Message 5 of 12 (1,215 Views)

Re: STC - Patty and The Cook Appear in Different Outfits

Hero
@CharlieDaisy12 Did you have to close and restart your game in the middle of the challenge?
I’ve had this happen occasionally if for some reason I have to close the game, for example if there’s some issue with the ads.

There’s a bug report for this https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Patty-Cakes-and-challenger-wearing-normal-clothes-in-STS/m-p/9...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 12 (1,199 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@MisuOrenji That’s a good point. You could find it interesting. I think it depends on how many you have overall. (Bugs.)
Message 7 of 12 (1,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Ilois4 Yes, sometimes when I close the game it stops it, other times not. I did read up on it, though. Thanks!😊

Message 8 of 12 (1,180 Views)

Hero

Thanks @Ilois4 

@CharlieDaisy12 I've merged your report with the previously existing thread about the same issue. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 9 of 12 (1,142 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SalixCat Thank you. It’s always good to see how many are affected.
Message 10 of 12 (1,126 Views)