Pathfinding / Routing / Clipping to the nth degree

by Beardedgeek72

Original Post

Pathfinding / Routing / Clipping to the nth degree

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest as of March 13, 2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Chose "Bike around" on the Island in Windenburg. Walk a (large) dog in Shady sands, Strangerville
What happens when the bug occurs? Case 1: Sim and bike stuck in scenery; gets teleported out after 2 seconds. Also picks a different route than she used to. Case 2: After walking normally to the end of the map with the gate house, the dog and owner stutters turning around and then the dog either gets teleported across the map OR pushed down under the surface of the map (so you don't see the dog, just hear it; it is walking around underground).
What do you expect to see? Correct pathfinding as it used to be.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Both seems to be caused by the pathfinding bugging out, otherwise I would have reported them as two separate issues.

Adding to this there is also a tendency for Sims to clip thru furniture indoors much more than they used to. Not sure when all this started, I am experiencing it more and more.

I have removed my two mods I am using.

I have repaired the game in Origin.

I have started a vanilla save as well as gone back in the "same" save (thanks to backing up the save folder). Both games still had issues.

Message 1 of 2 (380 Views)

Re: Pathfinding / Routing / Clipping to the nth degree

Hero
@Beardedgeek72 As it's different areas and different interactions it would probably be best to make two different reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (332 Views)