Pathfinder's model stutters/chops while using grappling hook

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? EV4T3
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Freehat, Fluffytoast, Sebastian VETTEL
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? RTSS, Shadowplay
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere, on all maps, also firing range.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using Pathfinders tactical ability (grappling hook).
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Installed the game in S8, and has happened since, in every match using pathfinder. No other legend with similar movement abilities has this issue (horizon, octane)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) It always happens, last time it happened was 18.03.2021 19:06
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Pathfinder's camera/model starts stuttering/chopping while using the grappling hook. Along with this the tactical ability slot is blinking and making the "ready" sound.
What should be happening instead? While using the grappling hook, pathfinder should move smoothly, without any hiccups/chopping, repeating Q noises, or blinking Q slots.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try pathfinder's grappling hook on similar and multiple systems.

I assume this bug happens because the playermodel thinks it's landing, but it's not. That's why the model is moving like it is, and the tactical cooldown calculation is blinking and playing the sound, as if it's ready to tell you how long the cooldown is. The few times this doesn't happen is when the  tactical slot is blank until i land. I installed the game in february 2021, and have always had this issue. I have tried everything  in my power to get rid of the problem, to name somthing: reinstalled the game twice (and deleting all folders), clean installed GPU drivers, purged ram cache, different nvcp settings, tried different ram speeds, changed polling rate on my mouse, tried both wired and wireless mice, tried different launch options, tried playing on origin, tried playing on steam, tried playing on a different account, tried disabling fullscreen optimization, tried running apex as admin, tried different framerates, tried different in-game settings, tried different netcode settings, tried different windows settings, and more. but it seems to be a game related issue, as the chopping is happening on the character inside the game world. 

Video of the bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMG0CTnTGKQ&ab_channel=EV4T3 

Message 1 of 1 (467 Views)